Wow Preset Issue - Sonar

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm approaching this very sheepishly but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my install of Wow in Sonar. I can't access the Preset Folders. Here's what happens - I go to the preset window where it says "default." When I click on it, I see the preset options and the individual preset names BUT...there's a window that opens above the preset files that says "choose preset directory." It points to three folders "Classic" "User" and "Vowel" but clicking on those files only brings up empty windows. This window doesn't allow me to pick one of the individual defaults - if I click on the preset names nothing happens and the "Choose directory" window doesn't close out. If I hit "select" at the bottom of the "Choose directory" window, both that window and the preset window that I can't access disappear. (Actually, the last time I tried it, I received a fatal error that closed Wow and Sonar.)

I've tried re-installing and moving the Content folder to the VST directory. Neither of these worked. It's quite possible that I'm doing something hideously wrong that is staring me in the face but I can't see it but I didn't see anything in the manual about this. Any suggestions?

Hi, there is the the parent preset folder called "presets". It contains the subfolders which hold the actual presets. The parent folder contains the "default" preset which WOW comes up with when you plug it in.
Please hit "select folder", then choose the directory "presets" (not a subfolder).

Then WOW should show the presets again.

all the best
your Sugar Bytes team

Thanks! Got it! Wow...what a great musical device!

Guys, I know you're up to your armpits in Effectrix right now, (and I really want to see you get it sorted cause it's not working well for me), but I have to say I'm running into the same problem as mayan with Wow, and I can't seem to get it fixed. Worked fine for me under Wow 1.0.0, but I just spotted the 1.0.1 of Wow and installed it. Now, even after setting the presets folder, I can never access the presets menu, it always pops up a window.

I'm running the AU of Wow 1.0.1 in Live 7.0.2 under OSX 10.5.2.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Guys, I know you're up to your armpits in Effectrix right now, (and I really want to see you get it sorted cause it's not working well for me), but I have to say I'm running into the same problem as mayan with Wow, and I can't seem to get it fixed. Worked fine for me under Wow 1.0.0, but I just spotted the 1.0.1 of Wow and installed it. Now, even after setting the presets folder, I can never access the presets menu, it always pops up a window.

Hi, the problem is, that when you open the preset menu, if you release the mouse on the "select folder" entry, it already wants you to select the presets folder.
Please take care that you don't release the mouse on the "select folder" entry. The next WOW update will fix that, it will come within the next month.

Sugar Bytes wrote:
polyslax wrote:Guys, I know you're up to your armpits in Effectrix right now, (and I really want to see you get it sorted cause it's not working well for me), but I have to say I'm running into the same problem as mayan with Wow, and I can't seem to get it fixed. Worked fine for me under Wow 1.0.0, but I just spotted the 1.0.1 of Wow and installed it. Now, even after setting the presets folder, I can never access the presets menu, it always pops up a window.

Hi, the problem is, that when you open the preset menu, if you release the mouse on the "select folder" entry, it already wants you to select the presets folder.
Please take care that you don't release the mouse on the "select folder" entry. The next WOW update will fix that, it will come within the next month.
Well, it won't let me release the mouse on Presets, only on Select Folder or Save Preset, both of which pop up the window dialog.
Image Image

Normally, you open the menu. There you have the options to select folder and save a preset. Below there are submenus where the presets are placed.
I guess now you have choosen a wrong preset path.
Now you should select the correct path again (applications/Sugar Bytes/WOW/content/presets). Then the submenus (below the --preset-- entry)will appear.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”