Sugar Bytes Effectrix released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Folks, we proudly present the release of

Effectrix, the Effect Sequencer!

Effectrix is a new kind of Effect Instrument, which gives you a complete laboratory for extraordinary sound creations.

Break your beats, create pulsing athmospheres, psychedelic sound mutations, crush, stretch, loop and reorganize any kind of audiomaterial in realtime and enjoy a never ending depth of inspiration with this innovative and intuitive tool brought to you by Sugar Bytes.

Effectrix comes for MAC and PC, VST/AU and costs 99 Euro/129USD.

Check it out now!

http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Effectrix/
Last edited by Sugar Bytes on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Too expensive.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Too expensive.
I don't think so. It is just world economies are a little slow.

but 99 euro is a very good price.

oh my god what a beast. This will be a long night.
This tool is incredible.
Good job!

stanlea wrote:Too expensive.
Hmmm, it seems to have much more effects than Dblue's Glitch or Audiodamage Replicant. Anyone tried effectrix yet?
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:Anyone tried effectrix yet?

I will later tonight, but it looks very cool to sequence reverb, + phasing. which r my 2 favorite fx...

OK sorry I spoke too quickly, I'll give a try. But I usually don't buy anything over 50€.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

A direct link would have been nice. :hihi:

Shogger

HI

This is crashing in a pretty spectacular way on my Internet PC in XTV1.4: browse through a few pre-sets and after a while you get the most horrible high pitched scratchy noise and XT needs to be closed - to save your ears that is!

Was otherwise looking quite good!

Flipper.

this is ultra-crashy on my core2duo running in sonar 6 : no more than 10 seconds then fatal error > crash > reboot PC :cry:

But works fine on energyXT 1.4 :)
I'll give a try packing it in eXT then sonar...

the plug seems impressive, especially on non-drum sounds ! Surprising !
not the top effect I heard (far from it sorry, but some of them sound very good anyway, especially the phaser, crush and some others as far as I tested) but excellent way to approch composing in a new, super-felxible manner. The key triggers are awesome ! :love:

I can't get this plug-in to work in Logic Pro or Live 7. It crashes both programs every time I try to open it. I'm using a Powerbook.

@Xander415
We had a bug in our MAC version which is fixed now. Please try again.

@Jee
Could you tell me on which presets the crash happens. Or do you have other hints for me what could cause the trouble.

Best
Robert
Last edited by Sugar Bytes on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

original flipper wrote:after a while you get the most horrible high pitched scratchy noise
++++ Brutal! Almost took my head off.

Tried it twice, crashed Live 7.0.2 both times after a few minutes, the second crash preceded by the high pitched madness.

Running a Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.5.2

Too bad, it seems promising, but I don't think it's quite ready.
Image Image

I have been waiting for something like glitch for mac for YEARS now. When I saw this I was drooling and counting the days till its release. I tried the demo on Logic 8.0.1 on Intel core 2 17' MBPro using the built in sound. The timing of the effects are TOTALLY OFF! I ran it through a perfectly aligned drum loop and right away I could hear especially in stutter no sync at all. I made bounces with and without the plug in delay compensation and sure enough the transients in effected section were greatly displaced. What is the point of making a BPM based plug that wont sync? 99eu is a great price, I would happily pay twice that if it worked! Also tried the Artillery plug, same issue. Really sad code guys, plz make it right! Has any one else noticed this? The concept and interface are great, I only miss the basic eq filters per effect and global mix parameters... and transparent sync of course...

I am very sorry to hear that. I had a look at this problem, and found some issues which propably cause this behavior. I am working on a fix.
Do you have this issue with all effects or only with the stutter ?
Are you using Effectrix as effect or as an instrument ?

Best
Robert

Return to “Sugar Bytes”