Sugar Bytes Effectrix released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

meister eder wrote:
R.J.Dubya wrote:I've also noticed that the cpu meter does not change when the effectrix device is turned off in Live. You have to actually delete it. Strange, I've never seen that before.
:shock: You're right. I just tried it and can confirm.

Similar and maybe related:
Yesterday I had a case, where a Live song suddenly started to have audio 'hickups' (dropouts). There was one instance of Effectrix in the song, but disabled (because I had renderd its output). Deleting the instance of the disabled Effectrix cured the performance of Live (i.e. no 'hickups' anymore).
And even freezing a track doesn't release Effectrix's CPU consumption*. :-o

*which is very small by itself, but this is the kind of effect one likes to have lots of instances of on a song.

.. now, that's a 'wowow' to me .. :o

superb plugin, thanks for that sugar bytes.
i was suspicious about the quality, soundwise. but it sounds really good to my ears and is really fun to deal with.good for my eyes, easy to handle and with top results on all sorts of material.

top, gonna buy ..

putte

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the bug where cpu is not made free upon de-activating the device is present with Artillery2 as well.

R.J.Dubya wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the bug where cpu is not made free upon de-activating the device is present with Artillery2 as well.
Yes, it is.

Well, back to building Effectrix presets - can't stop.... :D

great plugin, very happy with my purchase so far, but... my first bug report is that the total recall in cubase studio 4 is weak on the divisions... if i set it to 1/8(on the master)... when i recall the plugin it goes back to 1/32. also is there a way to solo each effect to test out what it will sound like?

meister eder wrote:
re_mute wrote:When I freeze a track in Ableton with Effectrix as an FX, it freezes *without* Effectrix working it's magic - this is the demo obviously, can anyone confirm if this is a limitation? I don't want to buy it to find that it's useless for me as I tend to freeze most tracks.
Freezing works perfectly fine here with Ableton Live and the full version of Effectrix.
Yes, bouncing audio is disabled in demo mode.
Your Sugar Bytes Team

Any word on that issue of the extremely loud wall of noise some of us reported?

I don't even want to demo until I know that's been resolved...
Image Image

I have downloaded the demo and I am using Sonar 7 prod., and have ( not) had any problems. Works like a champ. I use it as an effect in the fx bin and can trigger by both midi and non-midi. The shear madness this can create is fantastic, I am not a Dj, but I can sound like one as if I have say, the Korg Kaos pad. I do primarily drum and bass and can tweak the doggy-poo out of an nasty break. And what it does for your own recorded vocals is insane. If I had ten thumbs they would all be way up. Thank you Sugar bytes for this awesome tool. I will be purchasing it this month. Thanks Red Krow. :D

Yeah, I have noticed this slows my system down a bit (as does artillery) on a macbook pro 2.4 running tiger. I dont care though, its awesome and I will be buying as soon as the initial bugs are ironed out :)

polyslax wrote:Any word on that issue of the extremely loud wall of noise some of us reported?

I don't even want to demo until I know that's been resolved...
Hi, we have several reports regarding the loud noise attacks, all known bugs will be solved in the upcoming update, planned to be released within march...sorry for the trouble, but we're sure we'll get it brickstable with the first update.

your sugar bytes team

I tried the demo but Adobe Audition 3.0 didn't see it as a VST or VSTi plugin and my VST to RTAS wrapper wouldn't recognize it either.
So, it's a no-go with Pro Tools 7.4 and Adobe Audition 3.0.

Pity.

is there any chance of this hosting external vst's in a later version? if it will, I'll buy that version and you'll be my bestest friend.

So, Ableton and Sonar are the only apps this is confirmed to work with so far?

yeah so far, but these guys are on top of their game, keep an eye out. DANKE, DANKE. :D

I'd hardly call a plugin that works with only two applications "on top of its game".
It might be a wonderful piece of software but if Pro Tools users and most other DAW users can't take advantage of it that puts a huge number of people out of the market for Effectrix.

Heck, I can't even get the Sugar Bytes website to properly play the Effectrix audio examples they have posted, much less get the actual program demo to work.

Until either of these issues are fixed "on top of their game" wouldn't be how I'd describe Sugar Bytes.
Right now I'd use "an intriguing idea I'd like to hear for myself".

Return to “Sugar Bytes”