Sugar Bytes GUITARIST released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitarist

Hi, included are a Duesenberg Starplayer Special(normal and bright version), Fender Stratocaster USA and Fender Telecaster USA. Each Guitar includes more than 2200 samples.

best
Rico

Hey Sugar Bytes - how do I get the plugin to always play in sync with my music? By some weird reason I usually find it to be one or two beats off.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I downloaded the demo since I was sceptical in the first place but I have to say this thing is amazing.

Although I couldn't test it with the demo Midiout is the biggest plus to me. I mostly work wih Reason/Record and it blows my mind to be able to dump a midifile in Record and actually have high quality strumming and picking inside my desired host. I would buy Guitaris just for this single feature: To be able to create gerat Guitar Midi tracks.

Stemming Guitarist's output and importing it elsewhere does also work great.

A few minor things are missing in my opinion:

Humanization:
Frankly most guitarists play not as perfect as the software. Maybe there could be a workaround by exporting the midi - applying humanization editing in the host - and feed this midi back in Guitarist.

Noises:
Guitars make all kind of noises. Since Guitaris knows which cords are played - and by that how the fingers are moved e.g. on the same string (Up, down, long move, short move) it would be great to have the little imperfections available to create the perfect illusion.

Libraries:
Give us more! I would love to have for example to have moch more typical rythm guitar patterns at my finger tipps.

Anyway. I will surely buy this thing. Great work!

VooGPF wrote:
Just played around with the demo for a while... unless you mean multiple midi output channels -> Guitarist has midi out... :D but then again the Telecaster samples sound decent to my ears and this will probably catapult my tracks into Shoegaze territory now... :love:

Heading over to the orderpage... the first update will feature a Gibson Jazz Guitar I hope...? :wink:

Cheers!

Takashi
Just noticed the the midi Drag and Drop (not in the demo).. Thanks

Videos are soooo important...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9hFpC35pE

i downloaded the demo. and i am really impressed. i can't wait until i'm able to set aside 250 bones to buy this thing. i have played around with reallpc in the past, and it is also great, but this seems to me to be even better because i have a choice of guitars and there is a lot more flexibility in programming chord changes and patterns. i agree with some of the others that it would be nice to have more presets that are already ready to go. but even with the limited number that come with it, you can easily tweak them to create new ones. the other thing that i agree would be nice is to have some fret noises release noises and pick noises that could be mixed in to add more realism. but i'll probably still buy it.

Hi

Can you apply alternative tunings in Guitarist (eg drop D, drop C, etc)?

Is Guitarist automateable (especially the strum speed dial, the swing setting and, well, all of the other performance items on screen?

I would also like to state the importance of the "imperfaction" noises (eg release, string, finger slide and pick sounds). Unfortunately without these the audio output of Guitarist will never sound close to convincing in my book. At present from what I can tell from the video and audio demos Guitarist is a nice quick compositional tool which produces output in a guitar-like style - but it's too straight, it's too clean, it's missing something fundamental if you want it to even vaguely try to fool someone (even a non-guitarist) into thinking someone was actually playing a real guitar. Add the noises in, plus add the tiniest (and I mean tiniest) hint of random "sloppiness" to the timing (without making the player sound drunk or useless) and I'm sure it would then sound a lot more convincing. You could make these switchable so those that like perfect and unconvincing will be happy too.

But that said, it's a good effort so far. Just needs finishing off. And a Les Paul.

Cheers
Takk

Takk wrote:Hi

Can you apply alternative tunings in Guitarist (eg drop D, drop C, etc)?

Is Guitarist automateable (especially the strum speed dial, the swing setting and, well, all of the other performance items on screen?

I would also like to state the importance of the "imperfaction" noises (eg
But that said, it's a good effort so far. Just needs finishing off. And a Les Paul.
Hi Paul, alternative tunings are not possible, because then the available chords would not fit anymore.

All controls can be automated.

We are thinking about a solution for "imperfection noises".

In Guitarist, the Strum algorithm is pretty mighty and includes humanizing features. We have not applied humanizing to the main clock, but we think about a solution.

New Guitars are coming, but I had an ES-335 in mind first ;)

Best
Rico

Sugar Bytes wrote: We are thinking about a solution for "imperfection noises".
Sounds good!
Sugar Bytes wrote: In Guitarist, the Strum algorithm is pretty mighty and includes humanizing features.
Is all of this exported with the midi export?

Sugar Bytes wrote: In Guitarist, the Strum algorithm is pretty mighty and includes humanizing features.
Is all of this exported with the midi export?[/quote]

yes it is ;)

I really do like Guitarist and almost ready to buy it. It took the great concept of Strum Electric and RG and then took it a few steps further. I think it is in need of a few more things and hope those will be added in future updates. It needs more preset strum patterns and also some more samples to add realism. The Telecaster samples it has sound great but won't fool many into thinking it is a real guitar after listening to a few bars. I have never purchased Sugar Bytes products before. What is the update policy? If later there are major enhancements to Guitarist will there be a cost for owners to upgrade?

One other issue. I wish Sugar Bytes would allow downloads from their own website and not use YouSendIt. I don't know the download speed outside of China but here I must use VPN to access YouSendIt and then Guitarist takes 4 hours to download if it even finishes before disconnecting.

dvbssman wrote:I must use VPN to access YouSendIt and then Guitarist takes 4 hours to download if it even finishes before disconnecting.
It was helpful for me to use a download manager like DownThemAll (a Firefox Add-on)

Thanks Käptn. I added on the download manager to Firefox and that helped to complete the Guitarist download.

Hi, can this be played in an arpeggio fashion also or JUST chords.. Also, any plans to add acoustic guitar?

ttoz wrote:Hi, can this be played in an arpeggio fashion also or JUST chords.. Also, any plans to add acoustic guitar?
Hi,

we plan to add acoustic guitars.
Since you can decide which string to play for each step of the pattern sequencer, you can create arpeggios.

best
Rico

Ok so it can be played as single notes? not just chords? basically is what i meant.

Acoustic guitars DEFINITELY coming? lol

Return to “Sugar Bytes”