Sugar Bytes GUITARIST released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitarist

audiojunkie wrote:Not likely to happen unfortunately.....
:( I hope you're wrong on that one. Maybe, someone from Sugar Bytes will chime in? :help:

The promised next version has been vaporware for over a year. They have said that they realized they were going to need to re-write everything in order to get a promised feature put in. They are developing and releasing other apps (iOS apps recently). This has happened several times before... I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time time. :-) It just seems to be more and more unlikely, and if it actually does come out, it won't be what was originally promised for an update. Maybe some additional instruments.....that seems possible....but I don't get my hopes up at all.....
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

This appears to be on sale until the 21st.
Does anyone know if they ever implemented midi out for it?
What do you do if you want to create more than 24 patterns or chords? Can you save them to disk and load them?

I can see it may be useful for controlling other guitar vsts/instruments.

Not a lot of love for this lately. It's $49 at the moment. I really love the demo, I could happily start a side-project just to do stuff with it, but I'm wondering how quickly the novelty is likely to wear off and how long it is going to take a non guitar player to learn what the hell it is doing. Anyone got any thoughts?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Can feel stiff, but that might be overcome by tweaking.
Can drive other vsts and record midi out in host that supports it.
Great content provided and deep editing of patterns, songs, etc.
Update in the works according to support (no idea on progress).
Probably could resell for at least that price if you lose interest in it.
That being said, I hardly use it (probably due to too many competing tools for time).
I just rediscovered Thesys and am intrigued by the functionality.

Outside of Native Instruments scripted sample-sets, there isn't a whole lot available for "Rhythmn guitar". And this one allows you to set up and create your own rhythms and chords. I doesn't use intrusive protection methods, and is very flexible. I like it.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

There's also the one from Rob Papen.

RG from Rob is more limited; chords for it are mainly just major/minor; good for establishing a feel but not for expanded progressions.

I haven't explored Guitarist yet. I always browse a user manual although just as a quick question: Is it possible to write your own chords and is it possible to tune the guitar differently ?

If you have Kontakt you should check out Riffendium by Audifier.

Otherwise, I think Guitarist is pretty cool and is something worth checking out. Glad to hear that an update is in the works! You should grab the demo and try it out for yourself. :tu:

mevla wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:59 am I haven't explored Guitarist yet. I always browse a user manual although just as a quick question: Is it possible to write your own chords and is it possible to tune the guitar differently ?
As far as I know both are possible, although I saw it mentioned that Drop D tuning is not available, whatever that means.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Drop D is standard guitar tuning, except low E is tuned down 2 semitones to D.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”