Thesys 1.5 released

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Couple Re-Installs and I am good to go.. Thanks..

mcnoone wrote:Thanks for the update.
The mac au still sucks, but I can get by using the vst in Live, or the standalone to export the midi.
The au still sends too much midi data out to the controller.
The notes the sequence is playing, actually play the gui, keys for patterns, and pitch, as before, but the vst and standalone don't do this.
Just importing the standalone midi works though.
Thanks again. I like the new features.
so you can;t drag and drop midi from the au into logic?

Seems to be a problem RECORDING into Thesys.. In Ver. 1, I could of record from my VSTi (Broomstick Bass) into Thesys... Now, all the notes just record to 'C'.

ttoz wrote: so you can;t drag and drop midi from the au into logic?
Don't know...I still only have Garageband, and haven't even tried it with the update yet.
I was supposed to get Logic, but blew the cash on a few other synths instead.

The AU in GB seemed a little buggy, with the sound cutting out, and having to quit out and start again to get the sound back.
I also couldn't use my midi controller, or even when pressing the gui's keyboard to change any patterns, or pitch.
The AU simply does not operate as well as the stand alone.
I'm gonna check out the midi drag drop function in GB today, and see if it works.

UncleAge wrote:Thanks for the update. The ability to change the gate length opens a few possibilities for sure.

[bug] Just tried it out and there seems to be a small graphic bug. When trying to adjust the loop length in the pitch sequencer the highlighted end of the bar does not visually update correctly. For instance, if the sequence is at full length and you drag the indicator to the left, it will only go halfway. And the loop start indicator has the same problem. It will move but the line does not update. As a result, you can't see where that indicator has stopped.

iMac i7
OSX 10.6.4
Ableton Live 8.2

Cheers!
I reinstalled the app and got the same results. Then I cleared everything out I could find, downloaded it again and installed the newer copy (which is probably the same). Now everything seems to be working correctly. *finger crossed*

musikmachine wrote:I can't get it to send midi to my mopho in standalone mode. I'm using maschine to send midi but it's not being transmitted. Anyone else having problems with it? :(
i'm having the same problem here. i'm using a mopho KB via usb, i have the output selected in the menu and the midi out indicator in Thesys is flashing away happily but nothing is getting to the mopho..

Sugar Bytes wrote:Dear Folks,

Now it's there, the Thesys 1.5 update.
Now all our products are 64 bit compatible and all our products now come with a standalone.

Features:
- Midi Export (Drag&Drop)
- 64 bit compatibility
- Standalone version
- length modifier for the gate time sequencer
- extendable playrange (new keyboard layout with +-24 pitchrange)
- On/Off controls for modulation tracks (and global)
- animation for modulation tracks
- over 30 new presets

awesome! thanks - at first I though - no progam changes (':cry:') - though they are there - yes! wicked job, and congrats on meeting your 2010 deadline

':D'

can;t seem to record midi into thesys as someone else posted

pretty sweet though

found a few other bugs

as some else said AU version is wonky

clicking on one of th 16 pattern memory slots causes the chosen pattern to jump to a random slot, clicking again sets the pattern to the correct chosen slot

as said earlier, midi rec isn working

mac pro
os x10.6.4

I still can't locate the new presets in the Mac version of Thesys. I revised permissions and reinstalled, but it did no good. The only presets I see are the old ones. Any other Mac users able to get the new presets to install correctly?

The preset problem on Mac...

Metrosonic mentioned this earlier in the thread, but it is confusing so here's a bit more. It looks like the installers for both Thesys and Consequence revoke user privilege to your Mac Documents folder. So you can't get in, even to access non-Sugar Bytes documents! To resolve...

1. In your Mac finder, go to: Macintosh HD.Users.Your User Name.Documents
2. Control-click (or right click) on Documents and select Get Info
3. You'll note that your User ID is no longer listed in the Sharing & Permissions table!
4. Hit the + sign below the Sharing & Permissions table and select your User ID
5. It gets added, click the Privilege twist and give yourself Read & Write privilege

Thesys & Consequence will now access the presets. And you get your Documents folder back too!

zqxwcevr wrote:The preset problem on Mac...

Thesys & Consequence will now access the presets. And you get your Documents folder back too!
Yea I saw that too...it's in the documents folder now.

Is it okay, after restoring permissions, to move it to it's application folder again? Were it was originally.

mcnoone wrote:
Is it okay, after restoring permissions, to move it to it's application folder again? Were it was originally.
No, keep it where it is in 'Documents' as this is the new home for Sugar Bytes presets.

All should now be fine.

JM
------------
http://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

Rajah wrote:Seems to be a problem RECORDING into Thesys.. In Ver. 1, I could of record from my VSTi (Broomstick Bass) into Thesys... Now, all the notes just record to 'C'.

Same here, can't record midi - all notes are 'C' :-o

(Windows 7 64-bit, using Thesys as 32-bit plugin - Host: Reaper)
..where the f*ck is my ...

It's always welcome such an update, but guys... c'mon, too buggy... and i don't know from were to start...

1. Save new preset problem... changes tempo from 1/16th to 1/1
2. Pitch most of the times doesn't work properly
3. In Stand alone version, Audio input is inaccessible!!!
4. And a funny one... the manuals from the programs menu are messed up...

That's for now, hope, that in the future will see better results.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”