Sugar Bytes Guitarist Midi Mapping Error

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm new to this site.
I just got Sugar Bytes Guitarist. When I first opened it there wasn't any audio. So I checked my audio settings and everything seemed fine. When I used it as a plug-in with Ableton I didn't get any sound. So I checked my Midi settings on Sugar Bytes Guitarist and most of the options were greyed out. The "Midi output" option at the bottom was the only thing I could select and when I tried selecting MIDI mapper I get "Couldn't start Midi engine" but if I select Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth I get an output from Guitarist but it isn't mapped to my DAW and doesn't trigger on keys. Any help?

Hi,

please write us directly to support@,
check the settings page in Guitarist to see if a guitar is loaded.
In the Midi In settings, select your preferred Midi interface
and make sure that the "Active" checkbox is enabled,
if it's obscure to you, just send us screenshot(s),

best
Rico

No, there isn't any Midi interface loaded for me to select. That option is grayed out. :|

Hi,

which midi interface are you exactly using?

Best
Nadine

I use my PC keyboard.

Hi,

please doublecheck that a guitar model in the settings tab is selected.
Note that a computer keyboard is no midi interface.
Please directly send us a screenshot to support@ from your midi settings to figure out what's going on.

Best
Nadine

IM HAVING SAME ISSUE. I HAVE PRO TOOLS 8 LE MAC OS SNOW LEOPARD. I GO UNDER SETTINGS IN GUITARIST AND UNGER GUITAR TYPE IT IS BLANK I CLICK ON IT AND THERE IS NO OPTIONS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I too was experiencing this problem of no output. Checking the manual (Page 16):

Note: If the Guitar Type shows empty, no Guitar is loaded so please download and install the Guitarist library. It should be installed into the application folder of Guitarist. After that please check whether a guitar model is choosen (sic).

GuitaristLibrary is a compressed download found along with Guitarist in the website download page, including all the data , which the blank dropdown in Settings indicates is missing ..

Return to “Sugar Bytes”