Thesys Coding Suggestion (Port to) : Logics new MidiFx

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

do you have considered porting Thesys to Logics new MidiFX?

This would be TERRIBLY useful!

XFer Cthulhu and Kirnu Cream ARP did that already.

That would immediatly cancel all that IAC Bus bullsh*t forever

and would make Thesys actually not only usable but unstoppable in Logic Pro X.

Best,

tL.
Professional.

Totalt agree, would be awesome, :-)
Constant change is here to stay! - I think... there... 4am.

Totally agree!! Since Logic Pro X is released you should have considered that already...

+1 vote on that. its the next logical step.

*bookmarked*

100+. I stopped using it, although I never encountered a slicker step-seq. But the IAC workaround sucks, and the option of dragging the pattern to my DAW removes all the cool randomness factors. As said above, if shops like Xfer Records and Kirnu and Five12 can do it...without fanfare or extra charges...

Yup, seriously, Thesys should go MFX. Consequence too. A viable alternative would be to harness Thesys to a worthwhile synth or sampler, the built-in one is sad.

I've been holding out waiting but I'll soon be selling my SB stuff if nothing happens.

Hello,
Currently we are testing Thesys with MidiFX support. Interested? (support@sugar-bytes.de)

Thanks,
Vincent

Well Heck Yes!

A new Thesys version with MidiFX support is released.

Nice!

Is there some trick to get it to record the midi output?

Edit: Never mind, just realized it works like the other midi effects, in that it needs to be triggered by a region.

Yay! I'm downloading this as soon as I get off work - THANKS!

Preliminary observation: it doesn't put out chords on chord steps...

Protocol_b wrote:Preliminary observation: it doesn't put out chords on chord steps...
Fixed... Please download Thesys again. Version is still 1.6.5!

Excellent, will do, thank you!

Chords are working - Nice, thanks!

But next issues:

1 - selecting the next pattern often mutes the synth-or-sampler (I tried various audio plugs). The plug indicates it is still receiving midi from Thesys - the voice count indicates reception of notes and the modulators respond to the cc's from the modulation rows but there is silence. Switching back to the first pattern does not correct it. It does not happen reliably, but frequently. Note: the modulation row was only set for General Purpose cc's 16 & 17, so I am not accidentally sending volume or all-notes-off data. Even if I select a new timbre on the sound module, the sound remains muted. I am just using presets from the factory library so I haven't personally entered anything insane.

2 - when there is bend in the performance row, it does not reset the audio plug to the correct pitch after - it remains out of tune. Also, if I select a new Thesys factory preset that has no bend in the performance row, Thesys continues to send bend data as if there was. It seems to retain a memory of bend data from the previous preset.

I hope this is helpful/informative...

Return to “Sugar Bytes”