Help understanding i/o iPad Turnado, serious problem

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, thanks in advance to any light you may shed on this subject. I am really confused. And I need help.

iPad is no longer a toy, since software like Turnado came, or hardware like Fireface UCX. This is getting serious, we can perform live with it keeping high standard quality, although there is still a lot to do.

When i connect a small stereo in/out interface (like Line6 SonicPort), Turnado will show 1/2 input. If i use the main inst. in, then all right; Turnado behaves stereo. But if I use the stereo in L, then Turnado only outputs that channel L. The same using R.

This is my problem using Fireface UCX: I have 18 inputs! but Turnado only lists them by stereo pairs 1/2, 3/4... and so on. How is it possible I can't choose just input 1, or 2, or 3??!! If i connect my mic to input 1, then Turnado only treats the input signal as one channel of a stereo pair, and only processes and outputs one channel.

Is there something I am missing?

Also I have a serious concern that I will discuss in other post: iPad live audio monitoring in Turnado can't be turned off (when there's no effects processing at all). That's unbelievable. When seriously giging, even with a small audio interface, you have your own monitoring, and you send a clean signal of your mic/inst. to the audience by hardware means... overlapping that clean signal (that has a chosen EQ/rev/color) with a second signal coming from your iPad, with latency, noise, badly equalized and with different level will ruin your work and the audio engineer's (also adding phase cancellation problems), but that was for another post I said! xD

Have a nice day.

david

12 years using forums and product support of all kind... Max/MSP, apple, Ableton Live, Logic... and I had never had such a lack of response for a problem. No response from support mails, no response in the forum.

:(

SugarBytes... is there any one there? I need your help. Hopefully I have no gigs until one month, but my dates are approaching, and I would really like to solve this issue.

Thanks

ok. after writing to support, i got a mail from them saying they will fix this issue, to allow multiple in/out interfaces choose mono inputs.

great!!

...but i must say it, this forum is the most (virtual) lonely place i have been for years.

bye bye

Return to “Sugar Bytes”