Egoist 'Slice Key' via MIDI without 'Pattern Selector'?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't seem to get the 'Slice Key Mode' isolated from the 'Pattern Selector' when using a MIDI controller. If I play the 'Slice' keyboard (small keyboard on/lit) by mouse it's fine, but when I try to play it via MIDI in, the 'Pattern Selector' is linked and changes the whole slice engine! Isn't there a way to load up a single slice set-up and play the slices in it via MIDI keyboard WITHOUT triggering the 'Pattern Selector' and thus changing the whole slice set up at same time?

10.6.8/Logic 9.1.8 and/or Egoist Standalone

Thanks in advance
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

Can second this. Gotta be a bug. Jamming on the slices isn't really possible w/out this.

Heh, I was just coming here to report this. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Fix this and you've probably got yourself a sale, SB.

Good to hear it's not just me...FYI I am using purchased/full version, not demo, so apparently it's consistent for both versions in this issue.

hi, this is a bug, which is now fixed. we should be able to upload a first update in the beginning of the week.
slice-keys will then be mapped from c3, so you can change patterns and fire slices at the same time.

this gives you access to the slices of 16 different samples at any time.
which is a bit crazy.

best
rico

Sugar Bytes wrote:hi, this is a bug, which is now fixed. we should be able to upload a first update in the beginning of the week.
slice-keys will then be mapped from c3, so you can change patterns and fire slices at the same time.

which is a bit crazy.

best
rico
Excellent, thanks Rico…I'll keep an eye out first of week for that then ;-)

(I don't ever worry about being 'a bit crazy' lol, I already have a template for exactly that kind of simultaneous patter/slice triggering that I use for 'Reaktor' stuff :D)

Sugar Bytes wrote:hi, this is a bug, which is now fixed. we should be able to upload a first update in the beginning of the week.

which is a bit crazy.

best
rico
SWEET!!!! Thank you.

This bug seems still present in the iOS version?! I can’t play the slices via midi keyboard, or am I missing something?

Ah, got it, it’s in another higher octave, right?

I came to ask a similar question about playing the bass or drums in Egotist on Egotist, I've been having trouble getting it to play

Hi alexisforge,

unfortunately, it's possible to fire up the slicer steps only but not the bass or beat sequencer steps.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”