Egoist: 2 FR's !

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, Egoist is a damn fine plugin, welldone SB !
But..a few drawbacks for me.

1. No individual send levels for slicer,bass and beat to the FX.
2. No possibility to load your own drum sounds into the beat section.
3. Only having 3 sounds in the beat section is quite a laugh i think.
4. As mentioned in this forum, multi outs is a must when used in a daw.
Rob van Hees

... I 100% agree - not being able to load custom drum sounds is a drawback...
the 3 slot limitation for drums is a bit too minimalistic imo... also, a shift function for moving the sounds off the grid and more control over the velocity would be nice... I think the drum machine is the weak point. Everything else, the slicer, the FX section, the graphics, the bass module, are just super nice.

Sync lfo rate on the bass module would also be nice as well as basic modulation lanes ala effectrix where you can draw in filter sweeps or effect parameter modulation.

As much as I like the visual aspect of the effect section, the GUI real estate is sure eaten up by it.

+1
Rob van Hees

I've already written off the beat/bass section. My only interest is the slicer, which is pretty powerful. I'd like to add a feature request to this:

Time stretching...

... two slices relative to each other - Once markers are determined, it would be great if you could grab a marker between two slices and drag it, causing the two slices on each side to be stretched/squashed accordingly.

... within a slice - It would be great if it was possible to time-stretch a slice independently from other slices (for example, try Logic's flex-time). Once markers are set, this feature would allow you to grab the audio at a point between the markers and stretch the audio back and forth.

Keep up the great work, Sugar Bytes! This is a pretty cool plugin! :tu:

Any of you folks having trouble with the presets in the Bass and global presets sections? A couple of us have reported this as a bug since they don't work in our installation. One person is running the demo version. I'm running a purchased version. The presets do not work in either the standalone or VST versions. My standalone also displays the non-English word "PETTERN" global presets browser field but the VST version displays the word "DEFAULT".

Bass patches working fine here on my purchased version (OS X Mavericks, Ableton 9.0.6)...

edit: @Naenyn: the ability to squetch just parts inside of the slicer sounds like a good idea... unfortunately, this (or elastic/flex audio per se) is pretty hard to code as far as I understand. Propellerhead stated that it took them a very long time to get that right for Reason 7. Just saying...

I was running Egoist in Reaper (most recent version) but funny that the standalone version global presets would also not work.

biggmikk wrote:edit: @Naenyn: the ability to squetch just parts inside of the slicer sounds like a good idea... unfortunately, this (or elastic/flex audio per se) is pretty hard to code as far as I understand. Propellerhead stated that it took them a very long time to get that right for Reason 7. Just saying...
I figured it wouldn't be simple.. but I have faith in Sugar Bytes! =] I hope there is enough interest that they'd give it a shot.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”