Egoist FR - Manual Slicing

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be really handy to be able to click on the waveform to insert slices. I'm not missing this functionality am I? It'd be really helpful. Maybe while holding down a modifier key or something?

Loving the new plug. The external start-stop in 1.0.1 is huge.

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but I've been spending more time with Egoist and I'm feeling more and more strongly that there needs to be a more precise way of adding and subtracting slices than the "sensitivity" slider alone. Often I'll want to add or subtract just one slice which is very hard to do with the slider.

This problem is compounded due to the fact that the slices don't respond to the sensitivity slider until you let go of it with your mouse. In other words you can't see the effects that the slider is having on the slices until you let go, so you're kind of driving blind.

Once these issues are addressed I think this is going to be one amazingly powerful tool.
Let me know what you think.

+1

This would be a great feature!

gets my vote too
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

Another way to do it would be a plus and minus sign where each time you press it it adds or subtracts one slice at the loudest available transient.

Check check... What do you think Sugar-Bytes??

If we can't add/delete slice markers individually, how about a switch that tells Egoist not to recalculate transients when adding more with the sensitivity slider. It kind of sucks to carefully align your markers, realize you need a few more, adjust the slider, and have it blow away your work because it auto re-calcs.

manual add/remove slice is on the todo list

as a little extra and a favor to our friends from Deichkind,
we will also add major/minor scale in the bass synth.
The slicer pitch will be able to slave to that scale.

Very cool about the manual slicing. Thank you!!

I just tried the demo and was wondering how to do this. Glad someone else posted about it.

Manual slicing would be fabulous. It really is the best bit of software I've used for a long time.

Hey SugarBytes,
Any word on when we might get manual slicing?

Thanks!

I think the manual control of the slices isn't something that we are all very exited and impatient to be implemented, but for my point of view it´s a obvious and painfull omission... I tried to do this for 20´ without even look at the manual, because it didn't even occured to me that it was not possible... and the sensitivity system is just... awfull !
But don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Sugar's apps, I've got them all and bought Egoist on the first day, without even looking at the itune's description, and I find it brillant.
Which made me even more stunned when I realised that the developpers didn't thought at this obvious feature.

So, as everybody else, I will patiently wait for the update !

Best regards

Cyril

time for an update?!
Finally!

Hi. I would prefer, that when two or more midi notes play at the same time (for example: Kick and Snare in trance, house etc.), but sound only one of them

Return to “Sugar Bytes”