GUITARIST 'Guitar type' drop down empty!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone. :help:

I've just installed Guitarist.

The guitarist 'settings' tab guitar type dropdown menu is blank.

I have installed this twice. Everytime the 'Guitarist library' folder ends up in
Macintosh HD> Applications> sugar bytes

Inside the 'Guitarist library' folder are the four files;
Starplayer Bright.sbr
Starplayer.sbr
Stratocaster.sbr
Telecaster.sbr

Does anyone know how to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Did you resolve this problem? It's been 10 days and still no response from support? I have the same issue with the Guitarist demo. I'm on Windows 7 though.

I have the same issue on OSX 10.9.5! Anyone who resolve this problem?

If you look in the registry there is a path setting to the library, only thing is it doesn't create the directories or install any samples. Some demo, really encourages you to buy their product

there is no registry on OS X

I have 4 *.sbr files in the /Applications/Sugar Bytes/Guitarist Library
but no guitars in the list ((

Normally after installing the library everything should be ok.

Does your user account has admin rights? Maybe this would solve any problems.
A lot of problems can also arise from having the user folder on another drive.
So it really should be installed on the correct user account you will work with afterwards.

Please have a look at ~/Library/Preferences/com.sugar-bytes.Guitarist.plist

There is an InstrumentsPath entry which should match the location on your harddriver.

'~' means: /Users/YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)

Please note that in OSX 10.7 and later, the user Library folder is hidden.
To open it, select the "Go To Folder" from the Finder' s Go menu and enter
'~/Library'.

Sugar Bytes wrote:Normally after installing the library everything should be ok.

Does your user account has admin rights? Maybe this would solve any problems.
A lot of problems can also arise from having the user folder on another drive.
So it really should be installed on the correct user account you will work with afterwards.

Please have a look at ~/Library/Preferences/com.sugar-bytes.Guitarist.plist

There is an InstrumentsPath entry which should match the location on your harddriver.

'~' means: /Users/YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)

Please note that in OSX 10.7 and later, the user Library folder is hidden.
'~/Library'.
It works out!Many thanks~ and...sorry,honesty I wasn't familiar with the forum :oops:

I've been having the same problem for over 1 a year now and I just quit using the Guitarist. In one side I'm at least comforted by the fact that other users are having the same problem but to be honest I truly think it's simply shameful that us, users, have to be scrolling thru text code in order to make this work. Personally I couldn't find that "InstrumentPath Entry" this guy is talking about so if anyone please con throw some light and useful information into this problem, I'll be more than grateful.
Best regards
Nick

Nick Waves wrote:I've been having the same problem for over 1 a year now and I just quit using the Guitarist. In one side I'm at least comforted by the fact that other users are having the same problem but to be honest I truly think it's simply shameful that us, users, have to be scrolling thru text code in order to make this work. Personally I couldn't find that "InstrumentPath Entry" this guy is talking about so if anyone please con throw some light and useful information into this problem, I'll be more than grateful.
Best regards
Nick
It depend that you use Windows or MAC

If you have Windows :
Open regedit (windows touch+r/regedit.exe)
go to :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Sugar Bytes/Guitarist
Find the "InstrumentPath" and change the path to were you have stored your library guitars
exemple : your guitar library is on D:\
Change the value of "InstrumentPath" by double cliking on it to "D:\Guitarist Library"
Reopen Guitarist, go to settings and choose your guitar type.

If you have Mac, then (like Sugar Bytes says):
look at User/"YourLogName"/Library/Preferences/com.sugar-bytes.Guitarist.plist
Find "InstrumentsPath" entry which should match the location on your harddriver.

Note that in OSX 10.7 and later, the user Library folder is hidden.
'~/Library'.

Important:

Entry name is " InstrumentsPath" with "S" and not " InstrumentPath"

Hi, I have located the guitarist.plist file but there is no "InstrumentsPath" to be found anywhere. Please help. I'm working on OS X 10.9.4

Please see attachments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am having the same dilemma. There is no .plist file or "InstrumentsPath" Folder. When I was attempting to do a clean install, I deleted all files associated with Guitarist. The file could have possibly been deleted during that. This problem has been a real head ache. Does anyone have a solution that works? thx

Hi DMC63,

just to make sure, when using the full version of Guitarist please don't forget to download and install the library.
It's a separate download link from the guitarist instrument installer.

If it's in the correct folder (Applications/Sugar Bytes/Guitarist Library) and also if the serial is marked as valid in the settings tab of Guitarist the plist file really should be there.

So please doublecheck that you were searching in the correct path by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu and not only searching in Library/Preferences since these are two different paths and it's very important to also enter the ~/ sign.

When prompted, go to Preferences/com.sugar-bytes.Guitarist.plist

Then please delete the com.sugar-bytes.Guitarist.plist
After that it's essential to restart your computer!
After the restart, please install Guitarist once more.

Then please go to the settings page and choose a guitar model.

This should fix it.

If it still doesn't work please send me the com.sugar-bytes.Guitarist.plist (support@sugar-bytes.de) to figure out what's going wrong.

Best,
Nadine

Thank you for your response,

I located the .plist file in the ~/Library Folder, proceeded with your instructions but the Guitar Type still showed up as empty. I have reinstalled but still I cannot find the folder "IntrumentsPath".

THIS!

Ok KVR, please give a "real" answer - spouting something about "Instruments Path" . WHERE is this "instruments path" you speak of? How do we create or change it? Some screenshots and step-by-step would be very useful, rather than saying "well normally it should be OK!". I installed on a 2nd machine (OSX) to check if it would work, and the exact same thing happened. Obviously this is no fluke.

Can you PLEASE tell us clearly how to resolve this issue, with a step by step problem solving guide. This is pretty terrible customer service!

Thanks

Return to “Sugar Bytes”