Egoist Custom folder problem / picks wrong samples

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Problem:
I choose a custom folder in Egoist and any sample/loop in that folder (only samples/loops named GoBox.. in this folder).
When I trigger the arrow for the next sample in that folder it mostly chooses a different
sample from a different folder.

Anyone experiencing this? It´s really annoying and a workflow killer if you want to scroll through a bunch of your own samples fast.

With different samples named only by numbers like 10, 11, etc. work, so it has to do something with the names of the samples/loops. Named by numbers from 1 through 9 gives me the same problem mentioned.
Works fine with the sugar bytes folders.

Made a short vid (instant watch) to demonstrate the problem (not really musical, just for demonstration. Wait for appr. 5-10 seconds till it starts):
http://screencast.com/t/lv9H2mojo

Cheers
Markus

Found one solution, or workaround for my problem:

I copied the needed sample/loop libraries and renamed them by numbers starting with number 11 using "A better Finder rename".
Now Egoist picks samples from my selected custom folders as it is supposed to do.

If anyone experiences similar problems this is one solution, but you need space and time to do this.

My personal conclusion: Egoist seems to have problems to pick the right samples/loops in the right order from the selected custom folders with long, or odd/weired filenames.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”