Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

jbw
KVRist

166 posts since 31 Oct, 2013

Postby jbw; Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 pm Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

Plug-in scanning isn't working for me in Obscurium. I've tried every option (Scan, Re-scan, select VST folder) in multiple DAWs.

Mac OS 10.12.2
Obscurium 1.0.5
Cubase Elements 9.0.2
Renoise 3.1

I can still send the MIDI out to plug-ins, but I'd like to be able to use Obscurium in Logic Pro, which as I understand it doesn't let you send MIDI from track to track.

Any help is appreciated.
jbw
KVRist

Postby jbw; Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:52 pm Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

More details:

After starting a scan it will actually run through my list of VSTs, so it appears that they are scanning, but then they don't appear when the scanning is finished.
ChamomileShark
KVRian

957 posts since 12 May, 2004, from Oxford, UK

Postby ChamomileShark; Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:30 pm Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

I don't have the answer but I have similar issues.

Unfortunately I have multiple folders and I'm still not sure how it does the scanning but I see it go through the names of things but they don't appear then within the browser.

I'm on Cubase 8.5 on a PC.

Luckily it does most of the synths I work with - otherwise I print the midi and use that.
Sugar Bytes
KVRian

1049 posts since 27 Apr, 2007

Postby Sugar Bytes; Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:41 am Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

Hi,

does the standalone version work for you?
Normally when Obscurium doesn't find any VST plugins please make sure to use the related version (32bit/64bit). If you use the 64bit version of Obscurium it will scan plugins in 64bit only.
So for example, to use your 32 bit plugins you should use Obscurium within a 32bit DAW or use Obscurium as a standalone in 32bit mode.

On OS X you can choose the 32bit and 64bit by right clicking the Obscurium.app then go to 'Get Info' and enable 'Open in 32bit mode' or deactivate it to use it as a 64bit standalone version.

Per default Obscurium is searching for it in:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

Obscurium’s scanner will focus on this installation VST path, unless you Select VST Path.

Scanning multiple folders is unfortunately not possible.
For example if there are two different versions of one and the same plugin into two different folders it would lead to serious problems. Please also note that it's not possble to load DAW on board plugins. They are available within your DAW only since Logic plugs are part of it's source code.

Best,
Nadine
jbw
KVRist

Postby jbw; Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 pm Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

No, standalone version doesn't work either. Already tried that.

I'm using only 64 bit, and have set the VST folder manually (but it was just the same as default).

I even tried reinstalling. Still nothing.

:?
Sugar Bytes
KVRian

Postby Sugar Bytes; Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 am Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

Hi jbw,

after checking it here again we must admit that this is indeed a bug which is OS X related only.
We are very sorry for this issue and of course the update comes as quick as possible.
As soon as it's available for download I'll let you know.

Best,
Nadine
Sugar Bytes
KVRian

Postby Sugar Bytes; Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:07 am Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

Hi jbw,

please login to your account and download and install the latest Obscurium version (version number is the same) where the problem is fixed now.

Best,
Nadine
jbw
KVRist

Postby jbw; Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am Re: Obscurium plug-in scanning not working

Downloaded, works fine now. Thanks! :party:

Moderator: Sugar Bytes

Return to Sugar Bytes