Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Program Change in Turnado not working?

depuratumba
KVRer

1 post since 8 Mar, 2017

Postby depuratumba; Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:33 pm Program Change in Turnado not working?

hi! I've been trying to send Program Change messages to Turnado from a Korg NanoKontrol 2, with no luck.
I've disabled "Ignore Program Change" from the settings menu, and I've tried configuring a few buttons to send PrCH messages (tried 0, 1 and 2, since I only have 2 presets in the MIDI presets folder).

is there something I might be missing?
thanks!
killmaster
KVRian

531 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 pm Re: Program Change in Turnado not working?

depuratumba wrote:hi! I've been trying to send Program Change messages to Turnado from a Korg NanoKontrol 2, with no luck.
I've disabled "Ignore Program Change" from the settings menu, and I've tried configuring a few buttons to send PrCH messages (tried 0, 1 and 2, since I only have 2 presets in the MIDI presets folder).

is there something I might be missing?
thanks!

same issue here in Bitwig 2.0. Also, just noticed that Program Change doesn't work for Obscurium either. (with Ignore Program Change unchecked)
Sugar Bytes
KVRian

1056 posts since 27 Apr, 2007

Postby Sugar Bytes; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:47 am Re: Program Change in Turnado not working?

Hi depuratumba,

receiving prgchange messages works well from our side. Have you the latest version of Turnado installed?
Are you able to send prgchange messages to other instruments with your Korg NanoKontrol 2?
Normally you just choose 'Copy to Midi Programs' from the Preset folder and select the related presets, then confirm by clicking 'Copy to Midi Programs' again. You should later see the preset in the Turnado preset menu within the Midi Programs folder (after restarting Turnado!)
Then you can send MIDI prgchange messages to load the patches from that folder and they should load via program change according to their alphabetical order.
Of course this is limited to 128 presets. And nothing will happen if you call program 100 and only have 2 presets in the folder.

@killmaster:
Please first have a look into User\You\Documents\Sugar Bytes\Obscurium\Presets\
There should be a folder named Midi Programs. If there possibly is a folder called MIDI Programs instead of Midi Programs or the folder is even missing you don't have the latest version installed. Then it would be enough to (re)name or create a folder named Midi Programs there.

This should fix it.

Best,
Nadine
killmaster
KVRian

531 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:21 am Re: Program Change in Turnado not working?

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi depuratumba,

receiving prgchange messages works well from our side. Have you the latest version of Turnado installed?
Are you able to send prgchange messages to other instruments with your Korg NanoKontrol 2?
Normally you just choose 'Copy to Midi Programs' from the Preset folder and select the related presets, then confirm by clicking 'Copy to Midi Programs' again. You should later see the preset in the Turnado preset menu within the Midi Programs folder (after restarting Turnado!)
Then you can send MIDI prgchange messages to load the patches from that folder and they should load via program change according to their alphabetical order.
Of course this is limited to 128 presets. And nothing will happen if you call program 100 and only have 2 presets in the folder.

@killmaster:
Please first have a look into User\You\Documents\Sugar Bytes\Obscurium\Presets\
There should be a folder named Midi Programs. If there possibly is a folder called MIDI Programs instead of Midi Programs or the folder is even missing you don't have the latest version installed. Then it would be enough to (re)name or create a folder named Midi Programs there.

This should fix it.

Best,
Nadine

Thanks Nadine! Yeh, the folder is named MIDI Programs. Maybe I don't have the latest. Are we supposed to be notified when there is an update?

update: I installed 1.05 and it didn't rename that folder just fyi. So I just manually renamed it as you recommended and it works now! thanks for the reply!

Moderator: Sugar Bytes

Return to Sugar Bytes