Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

DKS PRO skins

Branis
KVRian

1301 posts since 21 May, 2004, from Serbia

Postby Branis; Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:57 pm DKS PRO skins

I updated DKS PRO skins with a new FX section, and a refreshed mixer section with a much clearer indicator for the selected pad. I also added a more logical (IMHO) representation of the envelope shape controls. The GUI is also bigger. I hope you like it.

Here's a screenshot of the default color scheme, all 3 are included in the rar:

Here is the download link

Best wishes Aldo for your recovery :)

EDIT: new image and download links
EDIT new download link
Last edited by Branis on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tekalo
KVRian

532 posts since 20 Jun, 2005

Postby tekalo; Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Great work...thanks
sinkmusic
KVRAF

6086 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi, Thank you, Branis.

- The new FX section is way better, it increases greatly the readability, and makes it more friendly. Great work.

- I must say i am only half-way convinced with the bottom section, which is a bit "rough". I get your will of making things somewhat "cleaner", but maybe that a fusion of the two ("old" and "new" would be my choice. But well, it's my personal taste. In fact, I like both, but i can't say it is an "improvement", as it is less "polished" (while the FX section IS more polished... i don't know if it makes sense ?).

- My only "real" concern is about the light turquoise blue ("edit") : i like the idea of making more obvious which pad is selected, but i think this turquoise stands out too much and is a bit agressive, and also "256 colors"... (sorry about the less-than-average sentences)

Thanks again for sharing
Branis
KVRian

Postby Branis; Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks for your replies :)

@ sinkmusic: I hope you'll find the mixer section better after you put it to some use.
Since I often found myself editing the wrong pad, I personally needed the edit button to really stand out, but if you have any graphic skills you can easily edit those 8 bitmaps to the color that you'll feel more comfortable with.
LexAmus
KVRist

149 posts since 29 Nov, 2006

Postby LexAmus; Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:58 am

Branis wrote:Best wishes Aldo for your recovery :)

+1 ... Indeed!

Thanks for the new skin for DKS Pro. I'll be looking to give this a swirl later on. :wink:

:tu:
sinkmusic
KVRAF

Postby sinkmusic; Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 am

Hi

@ALdo : I hope you'll get better soon.

@Branis : yep, i tried to edit the GUI a bit, but got confused when i tried to change the mixer's faders background color.
Changing the "pad edit select" is easy, but i need some time and focus in order to be able to make my own mixer (being a gaterhing of old & new gui).

Cheers
Branis
KVRian

Postby Branis; Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:58 am

sinkmusic wrote:Hi

@ALdo : I hope you'll get better soon.

@Branis : yep, i tried to edit the GUI a bit, but got confused when i tried to change the mixer's faders background color.
Changing the "pad edit select" is easy, but i need some time and focus in order to be able to make my own mixer (being a gaterhing of old & new gui).

Cheers

I'll save you some time, I found intermediate versions of the large skins, and I think it's just what you want - the new fx section and the old mixer :)

Get it here
sinkmusic
KVRAF

Postby sinkmusic; Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 am

Branis, You're a gentleman
Thanks a lot
JamminFool
KVRian

1235 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Postby JamminFool; Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 am

thank you very much for doing these new skins!

it is nice to have a larger GUI. the result is much clearer and easier to read. great work!

i must say though, that i agree the turqoise blue seems out of place. in the earth skin, the orange color used is close to the color of the "lights" in the dist or shell section. i wonder if something similar could be done in the ocean skin (use a blue closer to the "lights"...) just to make it seem more integrated. i understand your desire to make it noticeable and i agree, but maybe...?

anyway, thanks again. much appreciated.
:)
JamminFool
KVRian

Postby JamminFool; Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:10 pm

just noticed a small "bug": the OSC frequency values are not displayed correctly in the value fields beneath the knobs. the actual display part of the field is not wide enough for the data...
Branis
KVRian

Postby Branis; Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:09 pm

JamminFool wrote:just noticed a small "bug": the OSC frequency values are not displayed correctly in the value fields beneath the knobs. the actual display part of the field is not wide enough for the data...

Thanks for pointing that out. It is now corrected.

The first post is updated with the new download link which also features a new color for the edit buttons
sinkmusic
KVRAF

Postby sinkmusic; Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Once again, thanks Branis : thanks to you i rediscovered the underused FX section from DKS Pro (i never noticed the FX Wizard !).
JamminFool
KVRian

Postby JamminFool; Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:09 pm

cool. thanks for the fixes. you rock! :)
mn
KVRAF

1548 posts since 27 Dec, 2003

Postby mn; Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Thank you. :)
Regards, Mike
Aldo
KVRist

420 posts since 30 Oct, 2000, from Italy

Postby Aldo; Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 am

Great job Branis, it looks just great.
Next