Muon Softwares "Neutron" Please help!!

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do anyone know what happened to Muon's "Neutron"??
I've been searching for a demo to download..but ..no.
Can't find it. According to their site it was released
sometimes around 2003. But still...nothing. I'm a new
member here and haven't read everything posted...soo.
Can someone help me pleeaasee :(
Either here or by mail.

pentaxz2@hotmail.com[/code]

I guess you're referring to the "Neuron"...? Anyway, it's made by Hartmann ( http://www.hartmann-music.com ) but they're out of business now so it's no longer supported, at least not officially.

HTH
--th
I'm the stereo chancellor

Hi Björn, welcome to KvR! :)

As far as I know Neutron never happened - it spent 2+years as a much talked-about piece of vapourware and ended up as the front for some sample library.

(it's not Hartmann's Neuron either ;))

Marco :)

It's a shame (for me) I was very interested in Neutron when it was first talked about - like a next generation SR-202 with sample slicing etc. Nevermind.

Shif.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Neutron was released a few months ago under the AMG brand as ONE, with a redesigned interface, more features than originally planned plus a 4.5gb sample library.

Visit www.samples4.com for more info on ONE.

Regards
Dave

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Muon Software Ltd wrote:Neutron was released a few months ago under the AMG brand as ONE, with a redesigned interface, more features than originally planned plus a 4.5gb sample library.

Visit www.samples4.com (http://www.samples4.com) for more info on ONE.

Regards
Dave
...ONE looks great...however its way out of my price range...i dont need that many functions on a drum sampler anyway...its a pity that neutron didnt come about, a slightly upgraded 202 would have been perfect and I dont think you guys would have charged £150 for it!...

Neutron turned into AMG ONE. hehe, oh, he already mentioned that.

Either way, Muon stuff is excellent! I hope that there will come a day when AMG will let Dave take some time to update his own range of plugs. :)

peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

fukingusername wrote:
Muon Software Ltd wrote:Neutron was released a few months ago under the AMG brand as ONE, with a redesigned interface, more features than originally planned plus a 4.5gb sample library.

Regards
Dave
...ONE looks great...however its way out of my price range...i dont need that many functions on a drum sampler anyway...its a pity that neutron didnt come about, a slightly upgraded 202 would have been perfect and I dont think you guys would have charged £150 for it!...
yeah i would have bought the neutron but not really needing ONE, i'm sure it's a great product but like you said "slightly upgraded 202" would be perfect.
In the future there will be robots!

fukingusername wrote:

Regards
Dave
yeah i would have bought the neutron but not really needing ONE, i'm sure it's a great product but like you said "slightly upgraded 202" would be perfect.

You can get One without the library for £60
http://www.samples4.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=722

There's been a few calls for a "slightly upgraded SR202", so lets see what we could do...

In 2003 or so I paid a design agency to create the Neutron GUI. It was basically a carbon-copy of the SR202 GUI, but with a wide display screen that I was going to put to good use to implement the new loop features.

The concept artwork looks like this (note, this is not a functioning product at this time):-

I've never had any return on the investment in that GUI design, though all the bitmaps are here and could be used to create a new product quite quickly. It'd be based on our Tachyon engine so that'd give it 4 stereo outs and support for pretty much any kind of sample (8-32 bit int or float, mono or stereo).

Would that be considered an slightly upgraded SR202, or would people like to see more of the loop-orientated features in there too?

Kind regards
Dave[/quote]

Yes! that looks like exactly what i need, i was actually going to us SM to make one, but if you are developing that then i'll just wait for that to come out because i've already got too maky projects going. is there any way you could make the copy protection like tau pro's? i love it because it is almost the only commercial plug that works perfectly on my jump drive.

Muon Software Ltd wrote: Would that be considered an slightly upgraded SR202, or would people like to see more of the loop-orientated features in there too?
That's pretty much exactly what I wanted right there. Having used SR-202 for so long, and being frustrated by the sample limitations, I threw down for Battery 3, which for most of my uses is a little too much.

I don't do a whole lot of work with loops, so my biggest FR would just be the ability to throw any sample (regardless of bit depth, mono or stereo, or file type) into it and let it rip. Choke groups and a reverse function would be my only other requests. If you do decide to develop this with more of a loop feature spec, some of those Muon filters would be the icing on a very sweet cake. :)

And is there a way to buy Atom Pro anymore? I've been waiting for that one to make its reappearance for a long time. ;)

Thanks all for the feedback. I had assumed that there was little or no demand for an upgrade path from the CM Studio plugins (something to do with only selling ONE Tau Mk II in our CM303 special offer might have convinced me!)

If there genuinely is a market for a "slightly upgraded" SR202 with the features as described I will definately consider it for when we relaunch the Muon website soon.

I'm sorry to say that Atom Pro/Electron/Tau Mk1 are dead and buried, they will probably never again see the light of day once the relaunch is done.

Kind regards
Dave
Last edited by Muon Software Ltd on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I always loved Muon - got the Tau Pro for free back in the day for pointing out an error in the Atom Pro demo and used Tau, Atom and CM101 heavily for years.

If Muon were to release the CM plugs as UB, I'd run off to the international news agent then and there!

Marco :D

Return to “Muon Software”