Announcing CMplay!

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Readers of Computer Music from issue 128 onwards will find a copy of CMplay on the cover DVD.

CMplay is based on Muon Software Ltd's Tachyon virtual sampler engine and gives you a friendly and quick interface to browse and play the samples on the Cover DVD as ready made sampler patches. It can also import DS404 patches/banks and SR202 drumkits. There are only limited parameter editing capabilities, but most onscreen controls can be automated via MIDI and there are also four fully-editable FX units built in.

Screenshot:

CMplay is available in the following formats:

Windows VST2.4
OSX Universal Binary VST2.4
OSX Universal Binary Audio Unit

Kind regards
Dave Waugh
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com
Last edited by Muon Software Ltd on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is a wonderful little player and it makes reviewing the
samples in the issue a piece of cake.

Are the Quickedit increment/decrement mode configurable? I
have to change the Axiom to preset 17 to get its CC correct.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Cool! Looks nice although I'm not a fan of the Absynth green. :hihi: That isssue of CM should hit the U.S. in a couple of months. Looking forward. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looking good! Another winner from the Muon team! :)

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Axiom's capabilities. CMplay will respond to CC messages if you right-click on a control, and then select "link to next CC". After that, send CC from your controller and the binding will be saved in the patch. Changing patches will destroy the binding as each patch can have its own set.

Hope this helps
Dave

Hey guys,

I have tried to get this plugin to recognize my presets with no luck.

I'm using leopard and logic 8. I also tried garageband and no luck. It won't show recognize the presets. I moved them to Documents folder on mac. again it still doesn't show.

I did a rescan as recommended in the manual. Still doesn't work. Any ideas.
I love music, it makes the world go round

What kind of presets are you trying to scan? CMplay will only recognise .202, .404 or its own patch files. It won't scan or load anything else.

You must make sure that the folder you are scanning is within one of the paths in the search path list. CMplay is also programmed only to scan about five layers deep, so don't bury content in too many sub-folders or add lower-level folders to the search path list, you can have up to eight after all.

Hope this helps
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Axiom's capabilities. CMplay will respond to CC messages if you right-click on a control, and then select "link to next CC". After that, send CC from your controller and the binding will be saved in the patch. Changing patches will destroy the binding as each patch can have its own set.

Hope this helps
Dave
It's not the MIDI learn feature I'm talking about, it's the type of CC message sent.

I think there are 3 or 4 ways to send an increment - 2's complement, absolute relative, and some others. I don't remember the details, but the Axiom can change its controller sending scheme to suit the application. I use one preset for Live but it doesn't work for CMPlay - the controller just centers itself with that setting. So I played with the values until it worked.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

I think there are 3 or 4 ways to send an increment
I have to confess that I still haven't got a clue what you are talking about. But I'm glad to hear that you found a preset that works.

Regards
Dave

Hi, Thanks for the quick responses.

I copied the content off the Computer Music Disc and put under Documents so It's MACINTOSH HD/USERS/XXX/Documents/CMPLAY/24 BIT CM DnB Collection 2008 and under there is CYCLICK/GROOVE CRIMINALS/HATTRIXX and they have subfolders with .tcp files in them.

Now in the Plugin it points to /USERS/XXX/Documents.

Hope that makes sense

Try creating a search path for a lower-level folder. Folders nested more than five levels deep aren't scanned.

Kind regards
Dave

EDIT -

I was able to reproduce the problem a little more easily than I thought. What I did was create a subfolder in my Documents folder called "CMplay patches" and then copied the 24bit CM DnB folder from the DVD to there.

With the search path left as ~/Documents there were more than five levels between the root of the search path and the TCP files. The files didn't show after scanning. To make it work, I had to set the search path to ~/Documents/CMplay Patches

I didn't realise CM were going to nest their files quite so deeply, so I'll increase how many folder levels CMplay scans for the next update.

Hope this helps
Dave

Ok, well now I moved the sample folders three levels deep, and still no luck.

I deleted CMPLAY.TCH and CMPLAY.TCB as well as com preference file, and still no luck.

It asked me to rescan the path and no good.

Here's the path.

/Volumes/Panther/

Example Folder:
/Volumes/Panther/Beats/CYC DnB Beatloops.tcp is there and that's less than five paths deep. shouldn't it find the samples then.

Seems like a bug.[/img]

Can I suggest that we take this up by email?

I was able to reproduce your issue on Tiger - and fix it - so its possible that you've either done something wrong (likely) or perhaps (highly unlikely) that there is a leopard-specific glitch.

Regards
Dave

Just did a quick test on a fresh Leopard install, the behaviour is 100% identical to the behaviour on Tiger.

One thing that occurs - perhaps you have a permissions issue that is preventing the software from accessing the files. I suggest that you make sure you have read & write permission on the files you copied from the DVD.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please email me and I'll try to work this out with you.

Regards
Dave

Just a heads up - wescravn's issue has been resolved, he was looking in the wrong browser menu.

CMplay can load both Patch files and Multi Patch files. From the manual:-
Patch
A sound file that can be loaded into a Part, containing samples*, MIDI clips and synthesiser parameter settings. The file extension for a Patch stored on disk is .TCP
Multi Patch
A complete save of the Patch assignments on each of the 16 Parts, routings, mix and effects settings for each of the 16 Parts and each of the 4 FX Units plus the samples* and MIDI clips used by the assigned Parts. The file extension for a Multi Patch stored on disk is .TCM
Patches (such as the ones supplied on the DVD) are loaded by selecting Part from the Part List (it will highlight in white) and then clicking the Patch Browser Menu Icon as shown in the manual on page 13.

Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”