CM Play-How to record its output in Cubase

Official support for: muon-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Windows XP computer with a M-Audio 2496 soundcard.

My DAW is Cubase SE.

I mostly use hardware synths and soft synths. I've never used a soft Rompler before.

I've got 16 nice loops loaded into CM Play, and it is playing quite nicely. Sweet little synth.

But I can't figure out how to get the sound from CM play to any of my audio tracks. When I play the synth I hear wonderful sounds but the audio meter on my audio track to register any incoming signal.

What am I missing?

There's no difference between CMplay and any of your other soft synths in the way they behave in Cubase SE.

If you want to record the audio from any soft synth the best way is just to solo those parts in Cubase and use the mixdown feature to print those tracks to a WAV file. Then you can import that WAV file into an audio track.

I don't see it being a good route to go down though, because what if you decide you want to change something afterwards? if you've got enough CPU power/memory/VST instrument slots etc. just leave it running live and then you can change any aspect of it you need to further down the line. If your host has a freeze function, you could use that if you're short of CPU.

Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”