Acid File Loading Issues in One and One/ Solo

Official support for: muon-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've also posted this at the AMG Forum ... but it doesn't appear to be very active ... it looks like I'm the first one who has ever posted there besides the ADMIN! So ... I thought perhaps I'd better look for an answer to my question here too.

Hi ... I am demoing one solo and find lot's to like. I also plan to demo one.

However I have run across an issue I'd like some feedback on before I take the plunge.

I've noticed that the majority of my acidized loops won't load. Occasionally when I try to load one the player freezes and the load window will not open. I then have to delete the player from my project and reinstantiate. Other times I simply get a message something like "cannot load file."

About 40% of the files I've tried load flawlessly. I haven't been able to figure out any difference between those that load and those that won't, i.e., file size, number of bars, etc.

So ... are there any known issues/ limitations with the one player and acidized files?

Thank you.

bien
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

ONE/solo uses a much earlier generation of the ACID loop loading code compared to ONE itself. I seem to remember some bugs had been addressed in the time between ONE/solo and the latest version of ONE.

I would suggest trying the offending loops in the ONE demo, and if that doesn't help then send me a copy of one of the offending loops (PM via forum for email address to send to) and I'll look into it.

Kind regards
Dave

Thanks ... I also got a similar response from Matt at AMG. I'm not at my music computer at the moment, but I will try to get you some examples in the next few days.

bien

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Thanks for your response, Dave.

I am sending the link for the latest free loop downloads from acid planet. http://www.acidplanet.com/tools/8Packs

In the demo of one I could see them in the browser identified as 'ACID' files ... but none would load. Perhaps this is a limitation of the One demo?

At any rate, if you could download these and see if they properly load, it would resolve me concern.

Thank you.

Como

The files seem to browse fine, and they load in the full version. Sorry, I should have remebered that the demo doesn't have import functionality.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Thanks again, Dave.

I've also been in a side-discussion with matt 8) at AMG. Apparently Solo has never been developed pas the initial design ... so it won't load Acid files past the early Acid 2.0 file format. Too bad ... it's sort of nifty. I don't always need a multitimbral beast to throw at something.

Como

Well, that's a bit confused but sort of right.

Both ONE/solo and ONE can only load the format used by ACID Pro 4.0 and not the format used by subsequent versions. However, all subsequent versions that I have seen have an option to include v4.0 compatibility in their saved loops.

ONE and ONE/solo aren't unique in this respect either, I don't know of any application that can load an ACID Pro 5/6/7 loop because there is no SDK for these formats.

However, ONE/solo is based on older code and doesn't load ACID 4.0 files as well as ONE does. Matt is indeed correct when he says ONE/solo hasn't been updated.

Kind regards
Dave
[/u]

Return to “Muon Software”