2009 IMSTA Piracy Survey

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IMSTA is the International Music Software Trade Association, a nonprofit association which strives to inform music software users about the effects of software piracy on the music software industry.

Muon Software is a proud member of IMSTA, and invite all our forum readers to share their views on this important subject by completing the 2009 IMSTA survey. If you can spare five minutes of your time to help us please visit: http://www.imsta.org/imsta_survey.html

Kind regards
Dave Waugh
Managing Director
Muon Software Ltd
http://www.muon-software.com
http://muonsoftware.blogspot.com
Last edited by Muon Software Ltd on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i've just done it , but it miss a lot of possibility.But nevermind i wish i will win a prize :)

Thanks!

With regards to the prizes, as I understand it IMSTA will try and collate the 100 best comments submitted after the survey ends.

So don't forget to fill out the comments boxes with your thoughts and insights if you want to win!

Kind regards
Dave Waugh
Managing Director
Muon Software Ltd
http://www.muon-software.com
http://muonsoftware.blogspot.com

hivkorn wrote: but it miss a lot of possibility.
+1

Meh, nothing in the prizes that I could possibly want.. I'll pass this one, thanks.

tetsuneko wrote:Meh, nothing in the prizes that I could possibly want.. I'll pass this one, thanks.
Really, nothing in that list to even tempt you for free? :o
Your a hard man to please :)

Doin it now

Done! I picked all the cheap prizes 'cause I either own the expensive ones or the others use crappy iLok protection! Congrats on the new addition to your family. :)

this is from the Bible Belt. Just for renegates and true believers. IMSTA won't find out anything useful with this survey except email-addresses from/of G.A.S.sy pirates.
What should education be: an osmotic process where we learn from each other and not a top down process with carots.
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:this is from the Bible Belt. Just for renegates and true believers. IMSTA won't find out anything useful with this survey except email-addresses from/of G.A.S.sy pirates.
What should education be: an osmotic process where we learn from each other and not a top down process with carots.
I think you have a valid point mellotronaut.
Seems like a name collecting exercise to me.

I tried to do the survey, but i became more and more frustrated, because i couldn't express my opinion properly.
imo, one should buy a license for the software one uses, but our nice entrepreneurs shouldn't think, they'd sell considerably more licenses, if there were no pirates and crackers. They should concentrate in making bug and hassle free software and offering their stuff for reasonable prices and then they'll sell more and get all the love from their customers. Let pirates be pirates and live more happily!
The only valid reasons for all this IMSTA trallalla seems to be moral compensation and an excuse, if the business doesn't run as expected, imo.
To understand people in common and people, who use pirated software, you have to listen to them properly without your moral detector.
What about some René Girard lecture? What about some Michel de Certeau or at least some Habermas or Ruth Cohn for proper discussion?

Done it, odd question in regards to using software not licensed to you, i use it all the time but the license belongs to who ever im doing a collab with, as i believed this was in reference to pirated material i left the answer as "i dont use it" :?

I found the questions somewhat limiting in their nature too, and far too "surfacy" to adequately address any real issues. :shrug:

I did write several essays about my thoughts and opinnions in each of the comment sections though. :)

ben_horwood wrote:I did write several essays about my thoughts and opinnions in each of the comment sections though. :)
+1 :hihi:

Aloysius wrote:
ben_horwood wrote:I did write several essays about my thoughts and opinnions in each of the comment sections though. :)
it doesn't help too much, because not every question has 'other' as an option.

mellotronaut wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
it doesn't help too much, because not every question has 'other' as an option.
I know. So I just pasted all my thoughts, comments, 2c in to the other sections anyway. :P

And @Aloysius, it's not like that.
I answered honestly and respectfully.

What I meant to say, was that the survey tended to oversimplify everything into black and white. And well, lets face it, there are many more colours than that.
Last edited by Ben H on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Muon Software”