Tau Bassline 10th Anniversary

Official support for: muon-software.com

How Old Are You...?

Old - I remember the original Tau but what is this Facebook thing?
97%
Young - I virtually live on Facebook but what is this Tau thing?
3%

Total votes: 61

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use it to follow all the audio software developers whose gear I use (or might one day use). For getting news about plugins and stuff it's a lot more efficient for me than facebook, because I can put them all on a list and find them all in one place, whereas odds are I'll miss the update on FB's feed.
Duly noted, thanks!

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Regarding twitter - I can see its advantages from a customer services point of view (being able to instantly respond to customer queries without the hassle of IM or email) but as a marketing channel I'm not sure how we'd go about gathering and sustaining a large audience.
It is more about offering a choice for the Facebook haters, while still maintaining a social media connection. Plenty of people that hate Facebook love Twitter. To me, Twitter works better for my sense of humor, and I'm able to focus on people that are interested in audio DSP, while Facebook by default includes my cousins, people I went to school with, and a whole bunch of other folks that don't really care about audio DSP.

As far as gathering and sustaining a large audience on Twitter, well, you could offer a free plugin for your Twitter followers. :D I see Facebook and Twitter as parallel - people that like one often don't like the other, but between the two of them you have a lot of readers.
I would have thought that Myspace has jumped the shark though.
It seems that way to me as well.

Sean Costello

As far as gathering and sustaining a large audience on Twitter, well, you could offer a free plugin for your Twitter followers.
A good thought, but how could that be done on the Twitter platform? its not difficult in FBML but I assumed that Twitter had no easy way to do that.

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
As far as gathering and sustaining a large audience on Twitter, well, you could offer a free plugin for your Twitter followers.
A good thought, but how could that be done on the Twitter platform? its not difficult in FBML but I assumed that Twitter had no easy way to do that.
DM every follower with a password for a download?

Now we did, once upon a time, offer monthly patch downloads to customers via our website. It was really quite difficult to administrate and we basically weren't able to cope with the demand. It was all orchestrated by email back then and it really was quite a hassle with people changing email addresses, losing passwords etc. not to mention the constant updating of the site.

We could do something similar with Facebook and there's no sign up/login/forgotten password issues and no updating of the main website to do either. I have some 25mb sample packs for CMplay here already prepped to go onto the Facebook page at some point in the future if anyone's interested 8)

Assuming that it wouldn't appear in the twitter stream on the web, we could just send a download link. But then how to handle new followers? regularly tweeting the download link could be annoying...?

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
Assuming that it wouldn't appear in the twitter stream on the web, we could just send a download link. But then how to handle new followers? regularly tweeting the download link could be annoying...?
I think there's ways to auto- direct message new followers via third party services - I've had auto-follow DMs sent to me.

Muon, can you hurry up and let me download the VST so I can un-like you? :P I guess I can wait 3-4 more days until I shut you out of my facebook... mua ha ha.

I don't want any companies bullshit ad's popping up on my facebook site, but I will suffer it until I get my free little plugins. :P

I only say this to show you that in general I think this kind of advertising is annoying and not useful.

How hard would it be to implement skinning of the Tau?
I am keen to provide an alterate skin if Muon would like.

what are we supposed to do until friday?

lol

rpc9943 wrote:what are we supposed to do until friday?

lol
Play some of the facebook games :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

I only say this to show you that in general I think this kind of advertising is annoying and not useful.
Well I suppose that's what we're here to find out. I have no doubt that if I put up Tau Bassline 10th Anniversary on our site as a regular download, then we'd get 100's of downloads every day. No doubt at all. Some of the people who visit the site might even stay long enough to read the homepage, but the vast majority wouldn't :lol:

So we *could* give away something free, attract hundreds of new people to the website who then take the freebie and leave. Nice if you're running google ads and page views is all you want, not so nice if you're selling actual plugins and need people to stay a while and read and maybe try a demo.

The Facebook thing may or may not work. People may or may not visit the main site after they've got what they want from Facebook and they may just "unlike" us straight afterwards. The hope is that *enough* people connect with us via the site to get a conversation or community going. If that only contains the people who genuinely do like what we do and genuinely are interested in more than just a plugin that's a big win as far as I am concerned.

I'm pleased to announce that we've resolved the issues with updating the website and have been able to launch the download area ahead of schedule.

Here's what you have to do if you haven't done so already:-

1. Sign into Facebook and "like" our page

http://www.facebook.com/muonsoftware

2. Click the icon in the left sidebar labelled "Exclusive Content"

3. Download your free plugin

You will not see the download link unless you are signed into Facebook and have "liked" the page.

If this goes well I've got a load more freebies to give out 8)
Last edited by Muon Software Ltd on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool! Thanks!

Cool! Thanks!
You're welcome, don't forget to come back and tell us what you think.

Return to “Muon Software”