Just bought the full version

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After deciding to try to release more truly free stuff, not requiring Kontakt, I decided to get Maize. I thought I would see another screen after entering my Paypal password where I could enter my company name and such, but it just processed the transaction. I hope I get it OK.

It came through OK! Thanks for the quick service.
Anyone have any requests for instruments?

Congratulations! I also purchased Maize recently. From the documentation I've seen that it is possible to assign groups to CC values. That means from my understanding, that it should be possible to create one single Vsti containing all GM/GS Instruments, let's say in a first step something smaller but good sounding like the GeneralUser GS from S. Christina Collins (32 MB). Musyng Kite could be a next step but see my experiences with Kontakt below - don't know how this with Maize would be better.

One could ask now - for what? Why, not just load the soundfont into Coolsoft VirtualMidiSynth, SynthfontVSti etc. and play? It's the articulation variation features which I want and at the same time I'm just a user and want be able to exchange my arrangments with millions of other users and not tweaking each individual song to get played on a Kontakt Multirack. All the 632 GM/GS/XGLite instruments must be ready to be addressed on all the 15 instruments channel like a soundfont player but with the exciting instruments and articulation variatons. This is a long story throughout the years I'm fighting for this. I've only achieved it with the Emulator X3 and Yellow Tools Independence Pro so far.
After the posting from this colleague here
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p5698609
I took another attempt with Kontakt 5.3.1 hopping that there would be improvements since I've last tried it a few years ago. I've configured the whole GeneralUser 1.44 and extended it with the XGLite set. It became around 300MB for one GM/GS/XG Slot. Load times in Kontakt increases dramatically with full rack slots. My intention was then after a first try with this small set to exchange a Solo Violin for example by Kirk Hunters Spotlight Solo Violin. But this will result in hours of load times.
I know, lot will tell me Kontakt is not designed for use in such a way, but I still will just start and play and not wait all the time for loading the next 'Quick' Load set. i've proposed a new feature with linked Instrument slots here http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... on.223748/ including all evidences.
My big hope is now on Maize and Bigcat1969!
Cheers, Thomas :wink:

Return to “Maizesoft”