Pre-release build (muliple outputs) & AUi crashes

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tested the new Pre-release build (in Windows XP). It is a great software.
But I have some problems.

Multiple Outputs (VSTi) are working fine in Windows (Reaper), but not in OSX.
(Reaper: Could not get channel info for effects (are they multichannel?)

The created AUi file (component) crashes Reaper and Logic on OSX (10.7.3).
But it crashes only when I close the FX-Window and start to play, if the FX-Window stays open - no crash.

I'm working on it. However, I don't recommend you to use the pre-release the build for production since it's not stable.

I tested the new OSX Pre-release, now multiple outputs are working in VSTi on OSX, not in AUi (no sound)
Did you change the Reverb? It sounds like it is now a very short room reverb.

i have the latest version from the website...im 99 percent ready to buy this but the multiple outputs feature isnt in the 2.15 and there are alot of little weirds issues...like the hey range and velocity keep goin back to original entered paramaters even though i changed them multiple times and saved...but the biggest issue is the multiple outs have to see how this goes...and also im wondering what would be the best to create a drum kit library for this...one instrument with groups or multiple instruments?

the version with multiple outputs was on the "Pre-release builds" site, but this site was on mobile.me and mobile.me ended last saturday.

Maize Sampler is such a brilliant basic concept.

But it will probably always remain a minor niche product, until it finally gets dynamic lowpass filters. Their inexplicable absence is a huge handicap.

Dynamic filters is such a fundamental tone shaping feature that I just can't understand why it hasn't figured in the dev's priority list far above multiple outs and other esoteric (compared to filters…) stuff.

Get the dynamic filters in there, and I'll be a customer the next day! ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Maize Sampler is such a brilliant basic concept.

But it will probably always remain a minor niche product, until it finally gets dynamic lowpass filters. Their inexplicable absence is a huge handicap.

Dynamic filters is such a fundamental tone shaping feature that I just can't understand why it hasn't figured in the dev's priority list far above multiple outs and other esoteric (compared to filters…) stuff.

Get the dynamic filters in there, and I'll be a customer the next day! ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim
Thanks for your suggestion.

Maize Sampler also needs a way for users to edit parameters and save presets. Without this, it is fairly useless as a commercial product for sale.

Likewise, there needs to be MORE stuff to edit on export. Namely, the exported vsti needs to have effects, filters, oscillators, etc to edit and a way to save presets (not just rely on fxb and fxp files in some hosts).

However, most of all, Maize Sampler needs multiple channels, zoning and layers that is USER EDITABLE. With multiple layers, users can load in more than one sound at a time (right now you cannot). Zoning allows the user to decide where on the keyboard the sample will player. With multiple layers, you can have different samples play in different zones and even overlap them. Finally, a mixer section with panning so the user can set the volume levels and panning for each channel/layer. With these additions to the EXPORTED vsti file, Maize sampler 2 will be a totally viable commercial product for developers. I would PAY for such an upgrade!

I am curious - can Maize Sampler load in knobman created files? Can we create sliders instead of just knobs?

Mike

Hi Mike.
I bought MaizeSampler2 and joined here few days ago.

I agree with your opinions.
I'm keen about seeing them in major updates.
Also want to pay for the evolution d:)b

However, we need bug free version before that.
Already reported some simple bugs, I believe they will fix soon.

You can use KnobMan images for MS2.
Slider either.
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

I got impatient and created my own. Check out SuperCore v2 at www.supersynths.com

It will not replace Maize at all, but at least it does what I need it to do (PC only and EVENTUALLY 64 bit).

I am still waiting for Maize to implement features that turn it into a more viable pro product. I'd be happy to PAY for the features.

Mike

Return to “Maizesoft”