Glitches in FL Studio?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've gotten reports from VST4Free and Reddit that there are glitches in my little Maize instruments in FL Studio. I don't own this DAW so I can't test it. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

I use your VSTi in FL Studio 11 and don't have any audio glitches. Maybe it depends on the sample rate of those people sound cards?

Thanks for giving it a try. Glad to know they VSTis can work with FL Studio 11. I think I remember some complaints about FL Studio 9 & 10, so maybe you need a later version for some reason?
I posted under instrument forum too to see if I can get more feedback. I hope your work with Maize is going well.

I've just retried your VST in FL Studio and they don't loop anymore! The sound cut short too, which is really strange. Maybe there's a conflict with newly installed plugins (I install new plugins all the time!). This is weird...

Weird. Thanks for the update. I'm starting to think that Maize can be very picky.
If you look through the comments on VST4 Free you'll see many complaints about various glitches that I don't ever experience in my default DAW, Studio One. I can just shrug it off since mine are free, but I suspect it might cause problems for commercial releases, though maybe I'm doing something wrong and don't realize it?
http://vst4free.com/index.php?dev=bigcat_Instruments

bigcat1969 wrote:Weird. Thanks for the update. I'm starting to think that Maize can be very picky.
If you look through the comments on VST4 Free you'll see many complaints about various glitches that I don't ever experience in my default DAW, Studio One. I can just shrug it off since mine are free, but I suspect it might cause problems for commercial releases, though maybe I'm doing something wrong and don't realize it?
http://vst4free.com/index.php?dev=bigcat_Instruments
For Thales Model I, the commercial version of the plugin sold really well, the free version has been downloaded more than 2000 times, and I've only received two complaints concerning the AUi of version the instrument. So I guess it works fine for my other customers. That being said, I'm thinking more and more about including a plugin as a bonus to a Kontakt and ReFill library instead of selling only one universal plugin made with Maize.

Yesterday, I was testing beta version of Maize instrument projects of mine and other Maize made instruments plugins. Here's what I've found:

- Loop points are rarely seamless, the only exception I've found to this is Thales Model I loop points that took me an eternity to get right.
- Legato causes a major glitche; it makes the instrument unstable and causes giant white noise peaks while holding he notes.
- Plugins made with the older version of Maize (v1) are stuck to their first group, you can't change the sounds anymore, you're stuck with the first one.

On the plus side:

- Drum plugins made with Maize sounds really good.
- Non-looped samples sounds really good and plays well (except for your plugins).
- You can use flac files to save ram and increase the sound quality of your instrument.
- On my Mac Book Pro, Maize made plugins work really well without any glitches.

I can beta test your plugin on Mac and PC if you want, just send me the files at samplesciencemtl (at) hotmail (dot) com

Grats on your success! I'm glad its working well. It does make me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, though it seems like it works fine for most people, or else they are just deleting them without comment of course.
I don't know that I'll make anymore. I did what I wanted to do which was convert the Sonatina Orchestra and some band instruments for starter instruments for poor folk like me. Just getting concerned by the feedback that its not working right in some DAWs.

bigcat1969 wrote:Grats on your success! I'm glad its working well. It does make me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, though it seems like it works fine for most people, or else they are just deleting them without comment of course.
I don't know that I'll make anymore. I did what I wanted to do which was convert the Sonatina Orchestra and some band instruments for starter instruments for poor folk like me. Just getting concerned by the feedback that its not working right in some DAWs.
I understand! :) You could always redo them myself and see if it would come out better. That being said, I'm always available if you need any help concerning Maize Sampler, I'm becoming an expert at it these days! :lol:

I believe 2.3.1 will fix this issue.

Return to “Maizesoft”