Wishlist for features PLS :)

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been using Maize for a bit now and enjoy the ease of use however there are few things I think would really help all users and end users of the plugins.

1. Automation - how come we have NO control over any of the automation?

2. Hold down SHIFT - click/hold/drag a knob and get fine tuning
2B. Hold down CTRL - Click a knob - it brings it back to default position.
2C. A digital readout of the knobs position/value option.
- There is currently no way to know where you are in the knob/fader and no way to bring it back to original (or is there?).

3. Program changes recorded (I guess this would be covered if automation worked, switching groups as you go down the timeline/grouping groups/automating).

And a lil' bug :: The transpose doesn't seem to work on mac once I export an AU.

Would it be really hard to add the above?
Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

1. Many of the controls (pitch bend, pitch bend width, volume, pan, program/bank select, etc.) are all controlled via MIDI CC's by default. It's not too hard to figure out what does what with a bit of experimentation, and you can then publish a list of MIDI CC's to use for your end users. Someone working in a DAW has a lot of control over the automation of instruments as long as they know how to use the CC's properly. That's not to say there are some issues (such as no support for using the same CC on different channels in different ways), and the lack of a published list of usable CC's is an annoyance.

2. In the published plugin or in the sampler software? I always use the text readout whenever I can inside the software, its much more accurate than the knobs.

2C. This is possible to do already, if you bake your text readoffs in your knobs (really easy to do using a tool like Knobman). Here's an example:
knob_opt1.PNG
3. Not sure what this would be doing in the sampler? This sounds like something you would do in your DAW via MIDI as an end user (just record program change messages/keyswitches/MIDI CC data in your DAW)... Do you mean like, have Maize automatically switch samples after a certain time or something? If you wanted that, then I think one would want to request the full package and ask for a basic scripting console, but that would be an enormous amount of work.

I certainly won't say Maize is perfect, but for a user-friendly, affordable solution for making plugins available to the world without having to sink your hands into text files or coding or whatnot, it's great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

To begin with, it is a wonderful soft and probably the only one on the market that offers the opportunity to build their own instruments. A big thanks and respect for its creator!

In the next version, I would be happy to see these features:

1. An internal limiter so it was not overdrives.
2. Reading and setting RootKey from the filename (eg. Simple filename 072.wav = automatically set RootKey on the C4 note)
3. More Effects + better reverb, which is currently

Return to “Maizesoft”