subcircuit

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi everyone.

I'm new of Sonicbirth and to be honest I'm very happy you're thinking of writing new documentation. The present one is rather irritating because it tells you of all the cool functions you can have but most of the times doesn't explain how to get them to work.

for example it tells you that the best way to start is by opening existing plugins and look how they've been made... but i can't seem to open the subcircuit for any of them; the prev and next buttons are inactive...

nor i can seem to find how to insert the gui image.

I'd just like to build a simple tremolo effect, so i think it should be one of the easiest ones..

anyone knows how to see the subcircuit of those plugins that came with the application?

Can you see the sub circuit in the workspace? Now have you definitely selected the sub circuit before you try to use the next and previous buttons? I know it sound overly simple but if you haven't clicked the sub circuit first to select it then those next/previous buttons will be inactive.

Not every item has an accessible subcircuit. For instance, an waveform generator does not have a subcircuit. Things like MidiMultiNoteEnvelope have a subcircuit in which you can build more circuitry.

The way to tell if there is a subcircuit available is to insert an object, then click on it so that it is selected (should highlight in blue) and then click the next button if it is available.

If the next button is not available (greyed out)then there is no subcircuit for that object.

- Joel

hey, i figured it out.

you just have to click on the backgorund and then deselect the custom gui checkbox.

Still hope someone will do a better manual...

thanks!

Return to “SonicBirth”