Seriously, the included plugins do not open in OSX 4.11

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The included plugins do not open in OSX 4.11, and they give an error message in Logic 8 "Cannot be opened".. I have found that I needed to recompile my own creations using sonicbirth 1.3 in order to open them in Logic 8....

Yup. I had the same issue with Logic 8. I wonder, though if it wasn't really a 10.4.9 issue. I recall that update causing all sorts of problems due to new specifications with the AU validator that came out pre-Leopard.I remember reading that the Waves SSL plugs among others wouldn't open.

Yes It's a drag... are the .sbc files available?

In addition, I made a delay with a tempo input that causes Logic 8 to go completely nuts. The insert slot will scroll all available plugins when I insert the tempo delay.

I suspect that apple have changed the AU spec yet again....

The insert slot scrolls the plugins?!! That's hysterical.

Yes, I do have the .sbc files which I can recompile to AU.

Right. When I insert the Tempo Delay, the plugin doesn't open. Clicking the slot causes a one to four digit number to appear. Moving the mouse scrolls the avalable plugins within that slot..

I'm interested in the .sbc files, not compiled AU plugs. ( Most of the included plugs are either badly concived or implemented, sorry to say). I can recomplile them myself...

I did manage to get the "instrument design" plug to show up, but when I reopened the logic song I got a "multi threading" error...

Crap crap crap!

my instrument design plug just perpetually fails AU validation in Logic 8 on system 10.4.11. There's nothing I can do to get it to pass.

Return to “SonicBirth”