Audio Unit Wrapper

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I wonder if someone can help me with some more information regarding the Audio Unit wrapper. Specifically:

Is it possible to bring up the wrapped audio units GUI from the exported plugin. In Sonic Birth there is a switch on the wrapper element which allows this but once I export the design to AU, I dont see this reflected in the overall plugin.

I assume that if I create an audio unit with midi variant that the wrapped plugin will recieve any midi sent to the exported plugin

There doesn't seem to be much info in the manual or in the forums about the wrapper, so any additional info would be very helpful.

BR,

Plopseaw

Hi plopseaw,

The export switches create inputs on the AU wrapper element - which you can use to control the AU's parameters (i.e. create a slider and connect it to this input). So, you can control the AU's parameters, but the UI is not handled in a host environment.

J

Hi Eigentone,

Thanks for the help.

Iam actually trying to use Sonicbirth to create a more simplified list of arguments for my audio units. Iam using a Mackie C4 and on the more complex synths the AU parameters go on for pages and pages.

Sonicbrith seems pretty unique in its ability to do this and its a great tool. It actually works pretty well as Iam able to select which parameters are displayed on the C4 but then its not possible to open the wrapped plugin GUI so can't see the changes in real-time.

Does anybody know of any of software which might allow me to do this and display the wrapped GUI?

BR,

Plopseaw

plopseaw wrote:Hi Eigentone,

Thanks for the help.

Iam actually trying to use Sonicbirth to create a more simplified list of arguments for my audio units. Iam using a Mackie C4 and on the more complex synths the AU parameters go on for pages and pages.

Sonicbrith seems pretty unique in its ability to do this and its a great tool. It actually works pretty well as Iam able to select which parameters are displayed on the C4 but then its not possible to open the wrapped plugin GUI so can't see the changes in real-time.

Does anybody know of any of software which might allow me to do this and display the wrapped GUI?

BR,

Plopseaw
Your host may be able to handle this task - Plogue Bidule also comes to mind.

J

Return to “SonicBirth”