Time stretch?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I've created a circuit that takes a loop and randomizes the start offset to generate a somewhat random beat. I was able to through some logic modules around to get the sample to sync around 16 steps or 8 steps to make it match with a time line (not sure what to call it). It works, however, when I link two loops together (as in another copy of the circuit), they aren't matching correctly. I assume it's because they are different lengths. Is there a way to implement the ability to time stretch both samples in real time to one length, so they may match up? I've done a band aid with the samples using the time stretch in audacity, but I'd like to implement it into the plug in.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hmm, well, would anyone happen to know how I could get some sort of information on the length of an audio file that I load? I want to beat-match two loops, but I'm not sure if it's possible withought the knowledge of the length of the audio file.

Thanks!

EDIT: Within SonicBirth, not through an external wave editor.

lcphr3ak wrote:Hmm, well, would anyone happen to know how I could get some sort of information on the length of an audio file that I load? I want to beat-match two loops, but I'm not sure if it's possible withought the knowledge of the length of the audio file.

Thanks!

EDIT: Within SonicBirth, not through an external wave editor.
It would be a useful addition to the audio file element (there are actually several that come to mind). Otherwise, not presently AFAIK - there are other users who may know/found a workaround.

J

Return to “SonicBirth”