Trigger & Hold

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm new to the world of SonicBirth, and would like to prototype an idea I've had. Sadly I've already hit a brick wall.

I need to be able to trigger a clock at a certain threshold, and have the clock continue, even when the signal drops below the threshold. Furthermore, if the clock's already running it needs to be reset once the threshold is reached again.

I've tried all sorts of things with triggers and clocks and seem to always run into the same 2 limitations:

- The triggers reset themselves as soon as the trigger threshold is no longer met (even if the release threshold is not).
- It's not possible to create looped circuits, so I can't loop a triggered clock back to the trigger patch

Since I am coming to SonicBirth from Quartz Composer, I may be going about it in the wrong way.
If someone has an Idea how to implement a sample & hold or create trigger loops, I'd very much appreciate some suggestions.

Scratch that. I realised that that's what the feedback loop was for. Now everything is working.It seems that Sonicbirth has some issues with 0-Values though, often displaying as "nan" instead of 0.

Return to “SonicBirth”