2 plugins to check - advice for improvements wanted ;)

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there...

Here is a link to 2 of my plugins I'm currently working on.

The first one - HellGate - is an advanced Trance Gate which offers you a global Env Control (via Points) to determine how the steps are played, the possibility to use 16 steps (4/4 measure), 12 steps (3/4 measure / triolic) or 9 steps.
Each step has a control for On/Off, Pan, Volume, Cutoff and Resonance. The Dry/Wet slider is MIDI controllable.

The second one is a small "mastering plugin" it's far from being used for that but it has a semi parametric 4-band EQ, a compressor section with metering for input, compression and output, a limiter and a width enhancer.

So have a look at them and tell me what you think. I know the circuits aren't perfect and I'd be pleased to hear what could be improved.

Things to do:

HellGate: Trigger by input - currently the plugin is synched to the beat parameter provided by your host. I'm planning to have it triggered by incoming midi notes when the host isn't playing.

HellMaster: The limiter doesnt't work as one would expect. Needs a little bit of tuning (I used the prebuild limiter circuit that comes with SB). The width enhancer is barely hearable and the compressor needs some tuning too, e.g. soft knee.

Both plugins need some GUI tuning.

So here now the link to the plugins (compressed in a zip file - both saved AU component):

http://www.mediavisionary.de/misc/2Plugs.zip

Have fun experimenting...

Return to “SonicBirth”