Top reasons for plug-in slowdown?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a plug-in, the 5.1 Mix Masher, that is painfully slow to load in hosts, but also painfully slow to open and edit in SB. I'm trying to optimize things, and found a few math processes that could be simplified, but just linking a single wire is a few minutes affair (ok, it's a 1.33 G4 iBook, but still...).

So what are the top reasons for editing/loading slowdown? Number of wires? Number of circuits and sub-circuits? Piecewise circuits? Levels of sub-circuitry? (All things that I have in spades in the 5.1 Mix Masher.) I just want to attack the right front, the one with the biggest pay-off optimization-wise.

- Daniel

Kewl wrote:I have a plug-in, the 5.1 Mix Masher, that is painfully slow to load in hosts, but also painfully slow to open and edit in SB. I'm trying to optimize things, and found a few math processes that could be simplified, but just linking a single wire is a few minutes affair (ok, it's a 1.33 G4 iBook, but still...).

So what are the top reasons for editing/loading slowdown? Number of wires? Number of circuits and sub-circuits? Piecewise circuits? Levels of sub-circuitry? (All things that I have in spades in the 5.1 Mix Masher.) I just want to attack the right front, the one with the biggest pay-off optimization-wise.

- Daniel
Hi Daniel,

My initial guess is total element count for the circuit. If loading/editing is your primary concern, you could try using more complex elements where possible or the equation element. This may not improve things wrt rendering load. Like many optimizations, you'll have to test it a little to see what works.

J

Return to “SonicBirth”