Wrapping plugins -- GUI/latency

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been trying to find a workaround for logic's latency with UAD -1 cards (an absolute minimum of 1024, which gets a little crazy the way I chain plugins), and thought I'd try using sonicbirth for it. I made an empty project, set the # of IO channels to 2, inserted a UAD plugin instance (fairchild 670 I think), routed everything, exported to an audio unit, and thought I was good to go.

Whoops :D

First, I can't seem to get the stock GUI in there. Is there any way I can have it directly display it so it functions more like a wrapper than a reskin?

Also, the latency seems to be fixed at 2048. That's a good sign since it's the same as it is in sonic birth outside of logic and different than logic's, but it's a good sign in the wrong direction. How can I change it? (I'm aiming for 256 as in Kore, perhaps lower if I can get away with it).

If anyone's wondering why I'm not just using kore, the single-cpu-core thing kills it :/ Plate 140 uses a lot of CPU resources when loaded up in kore and I can't get even 50% of my DSP used before I've already maxed out the CPU side of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll answer the part I know about:
Fidelity wrote:I can't seem to get the stock GUI in there. Is there any way I can have it directly display it so it functions more like a wrapper than a reskin?
No.

- Daniel

Return to “SonicBirth”