Is SonicBirth dead? No, it's being rewritten!

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for the great work. I will stay tuned. :)

Quick questions:

- how many people are still using VSTs on Mac ? Is there still hosts that cannot load AudioUnits ?
- is there a large market for VSTs on PC ? or most audio folks are on Mac ?

Thanks!

Anything coming out of Steinberg is VST only. Personally, my DAW is Steinberg Nuendo, so I would insist that you keep the VST export feature.

The market for VST on PC is quite large: time and time again people are asking for my plug-ins to be available on PC. So if you added this feature, export to VST PC, it would be a bonus for me.

I think it is a matter of priority. Audiounit for an early/beta release would be good to get us started, but VST on PC is still quite requested... but I personally could wait a bit down the line...

my 2 cents
p

VST for Mac is important for me. VST for PC, not really, but I wouldn't mind being able to make some...

makira wrote:Quick questions:

- how many people are still using VSTs on Mac ? Is there still hosts that cannot load AudioUnits ?
Thanks!
MuLab cannot load Audio Units, but here the VST plugins work that I have created with SB.
In Reaper, "Studio One" and "Bias Peak 5" the VST plugins did not work, only the AU.

Well, at least it appears that VST now supports Cocoa views... carbon was a pain to work with and I'd like to avoid supporting it. It's deprecated anyway.

Kewl wrote:Anything coming out of Steinberg is VST only. Personally, my DAW is Steinberg Nuendo, so I would insist that you keep the VST export feature.

The market for VST on PC is quite large: time and time again people are asking for my plug-ins to be available on PC. So if you added this feature, export to VST PC, it would be a bonus for me.
I certainly can agree :wink:

If you really plan a Windows VST export feature, you will gain a great popularity !

But even without it, I am extremely happy to see this new development.

Return to “SonicBirth”