Anyone made use of the MIDI Note State module?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't seem to get it to do anything. I've had it running along side a MIDI Mono Note to make sure the MIDI data was getting into sonicbirth. The mono note works. The note state doesn't.

Before anyone asks:

Yes the sound server is running.
Yes I changed the ON state to something other than 0.

Thanks.

did you add a midi note to it, using the "add note" button in the settings window?

bobborries wrote:did you add a midi note to it, using the "add note" button in the settings window?
Yep. I've tried different notes in the settings and different MIDI controllers. Have you had any luck with it?

slikmanp wrote:
bobborries wrote:did you add a midi note to it, using the "add note" button in the settings window?
Yep. I've tried different notes in the settings and different MIDI controllers. Have you had any luck with it?
Yes, once you add a note you enter a on value (1) and I leave the off value to 0, so it acts like an on/off switch. You could enter a frequency (440) for the on value.When you add a note change it to C3 or C4, C0 is way too low.

I figured out what's happening. The range of note names goes from C0 to G10. This was throwing me off as MIDI note names generally go from C-2 to G8. I should have paid more attention to the actual list of names and noticed that there weren't any notes below C0.

Return to “SonicBirth”