Hyper Realistic Sampler

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So this is a 2 part post:

Firstly, does anyone know of a sampler (AU plugin) that you can load up several different samples of the same sound that are all slightly varied from one another onto a single note and then the sampler randomly plays one of the selection each time that note is pressed?
For example, if I want to make a sampler instrument of me clicking my fingers. If I just record one finger click sample and then stick it in a sampler, every time I play it it will sound exactly the same and my compositions will be very static and bland, whereas if I could record several samples of me clicking my finger, all the same type of click, but obviously because of human factors, every click will be slightly different and then put them all on the same note in the sampler and the sampler randomly chooses one of the samples when that note is played, every time I play the finger click I will get a slightly different sound and thus a more realistic sound. It would then be great if there were no limit to how many samples you could have on a single note and the more samples you have, the more realistic the sampler becomes.

So does anyone know if such a sampler exists?

So then the second part is, if one does not exist, how can I go about building one in SonicBirth?

Thanks you very much! ^_^

I'm pretty sure all the major samplers support some kind of random/round-robin playback.

Halion definitely does this. It's probably the most featured soft sampler that I know of, so it might be more than you are looking for. You can probably program a very basic sampler in sonicbirth that would accomplish the same thing.

Return to “SonicBirth”