SonicBirth v2 alpha

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lalo wrote:
makira wrote: That being said, most of the app engine is platform neutral, so it's not impossible.
:tu:
so i can keep some hope... ;)
what do you think if i collect a bunch of win32/64 user and do a donation campaign for a win developer porting sonicbirth to win?
just an idea :-)

This is WONDERFUL news!
Will begin testing in AudioMulch, Bidule, and Renoise.
So happy to see that development has continued :)
If you had a donation button I'd be clicking it.
Thanks!
drab

makira wrote:I only tested 1->1 or 2->2 plugins, and that's the likely issue. Let me know if it works
It does work. Thanks!

I made my first test plugin with the lastest SB2 alpha.

It works in Reaper and Reaper64. (VST & AU)

On loading AU it produces a short loud "sound", but then it works.

Please make the width of "globals" a little bit bigger for better reading of longer names.

here is the plugin SB2Delay

Juce Plugin Host good for testing plugins

makira wrote:Many modules that are present in SB1 but missing in SB2 can be implemented in terms of the Core modules (every non-core module, ie lowpass, is implemented in terms of Core modules).
Is this mean you can import modules from SB1? if so how can i do it?

I have a problem that I allsow had in SB1 - it recognize my audio interface (Edirol FA-66) as a 1 channel devise.

One thing i would love to see in this version is a simple ADSR module without the points, I tried to build it myself from comparators but the reales didn't work for some reason.

Keep up your amazing work, i'm waiting forward for any updates.
thanks alot

Couple of issues:

- with a VST, the parameters values are 0 to 1, whatever the settings in SB2.
AU version

VST version

The VSTs "report" themselves to the host in a weird way:

And there's a difference how the AUs report themselves to the host if it's 32 or 64 bit.

Bidule 32 bit:

Bidule 64 bit:

yes, there is a difference of values in AU & VST

the problem with the name does not exist for me in Reaper & Juce Plugin Host, only in Bidule.

The values in VST are normalized (always 0 to 1), I haven't had time to write the necessary code show the correct values. As for the plugins reporting themselves in a weird way, again, it's just that I haven't had time to fix the sample code I used as a starting point. I'll fix those for the next alpha.

Regarding importing SB1 modules, no, that can't be done in the way you think, unless by importing you thought of reading the source code of the target module in SB1 and doing a reimplementation using core modules of SB2.

Here's a new build:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8i1i85xj4261bt ... 2.zip?dl=1

I fixed the issue with VST parameter values. I also possibly fixed the loud sound when loading an AU (which I think only happens with plugins using the delay element).

makira wrote:I fixed the issue with VST parameter values
Yes, fixed.

But, for some reason, Nuendo comes back to the default parameters values when re-opening a project. Let's say I make a plug-in with a paramter that has a default of 0 and I set to 0.5 in the Nuendo project, save it at such, on re-opening it will go back to 0.

VST plugins should now correctly remember their state:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/mkp1k88fzv0wfn ... 2.zip?dl=1

Also added a smoother module, for parameter smoothing (second input is in milliseconds and has to be > 0).

makira wrote:VST plugins should now correctly remember their state
Yes, fixed. Thanks!

I put a / sign in the device name, and when i export to vst or to au it created a sub folder in the plugin directory and then crashed.

When I tried to make 2nd version of my plugin with more parameters, my daw (ableton love 8.1) didn't recognize both versions at the same time as au, in vst I didn't have this problem.

About my audio interface (Edirol FA-66) being recognized as 1 channel devise with only the left speaker working - I looked in the forum and saw someone had the same problem with fireface 400, so maybe it's a problem recognizing firewire devices.

leannagia wrote:I put a / sign in the device name, and when i export to vst or to au it created a sub folder in the plugin directory and then crashed.
Don't use special characters in the root circuit name until the next alpha... which will probably simply change them to underscores anyway.

I've noticed Max/MSP is doing something similar with Gen (ie sample-based feedback/processing). Although, it seems they discontinued Pluggo (why?).

Anyone has experience with Gen ?

Return to “SonicBirth”