SonicBirth v2 alpha

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you add a scrollbar to the main window?

I have saved this with a screen 1440x900, when I open it on a smaller screen , some things are not visible.

And a "Save as" dialog would be nice.

it's fun to work with,

Here's an EQ I've created
SB-StereoEQ

a few things that could be improved.
if I have a lot of slider controls on the right side and change a value, it automatically jumps to the top.
I have to then scroll back down to change the next value.
it would be good if we could use TAB to jump to the next value.

a switch is represented differently on VST or AU,
name on VST is always audiounit

VST in Reaper
AU in Reaper
AU in Logic

Makira,

I'd like to request a module that allows data to be read from memory at arbitrary positions, much like you'd do in machine code when programming a reverb or a delay line.

It's parameters could include a simple input, an assignable size, for example 44,100 samples, and multiple outputs, each of which has an address for example for a simple ping pong delay, out 1's address may be 22,050 and output 2 may be 44,100,

The addresses should be able to be updated in real time, possibly interpolated.

It should be able to step through the memory in non-real time, I can imagine, for example that reading each memory location twice would produce a real-time half speed output.

-CZ

Has been quiet. I am wondering what has been stirring? (I am guessing lots) :D

mageye wrote:Has been quiet. I am wondering what has been stirring? (I am guessing lots) :D
Unfortunately, I've been going through a separation. I have two young kids (2 and 4 years old), so this is pretty hard for me, considering I have very strong values on a united family... Had to sell the house, move back to the city, split all the stuff, sign papers, change kindergarden, the whole thing. So, anyway, in order to reduce stress a bit, which is already above what I can take, I decided to put Sonic Birth on ice (actually, pretty much all coding, including everything not related to Sonic Birth, has stopped since February). I don't know when I'll work on it again, but I want to. Moved two weeks ago, still unboxing stuff, my sound studio is not yet fully plugged...

I'd rather not go into more details. Just know the project is on ice, but not canceled.

Oh shit, Antoine, that's a bummer... Welcome back to Montreal, I guess. :?

Very sorry to hear that. -I hope things sorts themselves out in a good way.

I also hope that inspiration to continue this fine project returns in a not too distant future. Thanks for explaining the situation.

-Take care!

Hi Antoine.
Very sorry to hear that.
Hope that things will go better for you or at least that things won't hurt so much.
Hope that you'll find time and desire to work on SonicBirth.

all the best

I'm so sorry to hear that. I feel like my question was dumb now, with the circumstances. I hope things get better for you and you get things in order.

Obviously you have priorities, so take your time and I wish you the best.

As I am sure you are aware, there are lots of people who truly value what you do and want the best for you. I have faith.

I thank you for everything that you have done so far and look forward to a positive (and great) things to come.

Best wishes.

Aw shucks.

Makira i hope you the best through rough times.

Any idea why LowPass won't respond to MidiNote frequency? My guess is that it doesn't take floats and that Midi Mono Note outputs floats. How do I round float to integer in Sonic Birth?

TheBeta has now expired on June 1.
could you please extend it?

I second that. ^
Hopefully its not too much to ask.

Hope you're doing well makira.

New build on sonicbirth.com.

Thanks !

Return to “SonicBirth”