SonicBirth v2 alpha

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks!

The "if=" comparator seems to be not working: it always outputs the "c" (third inlet) value.

Kewl wrote:The "if=" comparator seems to be not working: it always outputs the "c" (third inlet) value.
Indeed, will upload a new build soon. Thanks for the catch!

Thanks!

new build on sonicbirth.com

Another build on http://sonicbirth.com

What's new:
- midi channel filtering has been removed from midi mono note to a dedicated module
- a midi multi note element (see demo file)

Consider the midi multi note element unstable for the moment, I haven't tested it much. Still needs a proper ADSR envelope, but it probably is already possible to write one directly in SonicBirth. The 'active' inside output of the multi midi note is to let the module know when the release has completed (ie set it to 0 or lower to signal output is finished).

Cheers!
- makira

Hey,

Glad to see the frequent updates happening for sonic birth. THis thread become quite large its hard to keep up with whats in the most recent update. Can you be specific on the available functions for 2.0?

Midi?
Custom Gui?
ect?

Thanks alot!! looking forward

hey!

Well, I'm not keeping an exact list of what's available since it changes a lot and would take too much time: once SB matures a bit I will provide more details on sonicbirth.com.

Midi is currently a work in progress. Custom gui hasn't started yet and will appear later. A lot of basic audio modules are still missing.

SB v2 is still very crude, hence the 'alpha' label.

Cheers!
- mak

First of all, thanks for SB both 1 and 2. Great tools!!!

I have a circuit that computes a value. I really need to have a parameter that is a real-valued output. In SB1, I think it was called "value". I do 'not' need the GUI though. Something that behaves like "Debug" but also passes that value back to the host.

Would it be possible to add this in the very near future???

gmcintire wrote:First of all, thanks for SB both 1 and 2. Great tools!!!

I have a circuit that computes a value. I really need to have a parameter that is a real-valued output. In SB1, I think it was called "value". I do 'not' need the GUI though. Something that behaves like "Debug" but also passes that value back to the host.

Well, this might be doable without a custom gui, but would probably require more work than it's worth, as adding this will be trivial once custom gui is implemented. What is your usage case ?

makira wrote:
gmcintire wrote:First of all, thanks for SB both 1 and 2. Great tools!!!

Well, this might be doable without a custom gui, but would probably require more work than it's worth, as adding this will be trivial once custom gui is implemented. What is your usage case ?
I am using Apples Mainstage AU host on a Macbookpro to provide a digital mixer for my wife's onstage performance. I will sit in the audience and adjust settings with my iPad.
But the main problem is wayward iPad touches cause the controls(i.e. master volume) to hard limit and produce havoc.
So what I want is really a Mainstage control that allows me to tap buttons to increment up or decrement down. This would avoid any havoc wrought by erroneous touches.
Mainstreet doesn't have such controls, so I made a SonicBirth plugin that accepts boolean inputs that will increment and decrement. I used a delay to hold the value of the parameter that is inc'd and dec'd.
Works great except I really need a readout of that parameter on the Mainstage perform page.
But, since writing the initial post, I tried the old SonicBirth and I found that I cannot get Mainstage to show the "Display Values" anyhow.
What is the recommended way to pass a value back to the AU host??? Can SonicBirth do that?

gmcintire wrote:But, since writing the initial post, I tried the old SonicBirth and I found that I cannot get Mainstage to show the "Display Values" anyhow.
What is the recommended way to pass a value back to the AU host??? Can SonicBirth do that?
in v1, did you setup a custom gui ? Did you use the 'display value' element ? Can you see the custom gui in Mainstage ?

makira wrote:
gmcintire wrote:But, since writing the initial post, I tried the old SonicBirth and I found that I cannot get Mainstage to show the "Display Values" anyhow.
in v1, did you setup a custom gui ? Did you use the 'display value' element ? Can you see the custom gui in Mainstage ?
I did do the custom GUI and I can see that GUI when I am in Mainstage. But Mainstage cannot connect to it.
There are two ways to connect a Mainstage control or meter to a plugin's control or meter.
The first way is to put it into an attaching mode and then click on the item in the plugins GUI. This works if it is a SonicBirth control, but not if it is a display value or meter.
The second way is to drill down to it by going to the strip, then the plugin and then to the plugins parameters. With my SB plugins, only the controls show up there. Not the display values.

gmcintire wrote:I did do the custom GUI and I can see that GUI when I am in Mainstage. But Mainstage cannot connect to it.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'connect to it', especially since you mentioned an iPad and SonicBirth's audiounits do not run on the iPad. Please PM or make another thread since this is outside the scope of SB v2. A couple of screenshots would really help.

Hi,

I'm also following this project with great interest and I'm glad you're working on it, as I liked SB1 but it was too limited and "abstract" for me in some ways. :)

Some things I would love to see:

- Search box for the element list, so you can just type the first letters and it will select and highlight the element in the list.

- A Hotkey combination to jump right into the search box, a hotkey (maybe the same?) to cycle through the results if multiple elements are found for the search term.

- A Hotkey that will add the highlighted element to the schematic, like ENTER or CMD+Downarrow.

- Drag'n'drop functionality from element list to schematic, maybe drag'n'dropping from schematic to elment list could attempt to remove the dragged element from the schematic?

I'm sure I'll think of some more over time, but for now that's all. :)
Cheers!
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Return to “SonicBirth”