Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Djemps
KVRer

4 posts since 17 Jul, 2013

Postby Djemps; Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:31 am Converting a Circuit Diagram to an AU

Hi folks! I enjoy making custom GUI skins for VSTs and AUs as a side hobby. Recently I thought I would try my hand at actually making my own plugin.

So let's say I got my hands on a circuit diagram for an old analogue effects pedal…

How easy is it to convert this layout into SonicBirth components? What is the SonicBirth equivalent of a transistor, resistor, capacitor etc…

I'm really JUST getting started here, so my apologies if I'm asking questions that are easily answerable in the manual (tried my best, honest!).
Kewl
KVRist

210 posts since 11 Apr, 2007, from Montreal, Canada

Postby Kewl; Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:59 am

Djemps wrote:How easy is it to convert this layout into SonicBirth components? What is the SonicBirth equivalent of a transistor, resistor, capacitor etc.

If you can translate the function of specific part of the analogue circuit into a mathematical function, you're in business!

In another words, how does a specific transistor modify the signal? Describe it in your own words and then think how that description could be written into a mathematical equation.
Djemps
KVRer

4 posts since 17 Jul, 2013

Postby Djemps; Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks! I'll see what I can do!
wavesfactory
KVRist

296 posts since 12 May, 2010

Postby wavesfactory; Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:10 am Re: Converting a Circuit Diagram to an AU

I'd be really interested to know that too.
- Wavesfactory.
Audio Miracles.
https://www.wavesfactory.com

Moderators: dscro, makira

Return to SonicBirth