Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
RAINE Music
KVRer

4 posts since 1 Feb, 2018

Postby RAINE Music; Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 am How to use exported AU/VST?

Hi all

I made a plugin using SonicBirth (amazing software by the way) and exported it, however Garageband is refusing to reognise it :x

Are there any simple AU/VST hosts for Mac that will simply let you test an AU/VST with a MIDI input?

Also, if anyone is feeling extra generous, are there any other softwares like SonicBirth? I love this, I just think it's good to experience different ones.

Thanks! - I hope this forum is still active
RAINE
Kewl
KVRist

210 posts since 11 Apr, 2007, from Montreal, Canada

Postby Kewl; Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:13 am Re: How to use exported AU/VST?

First off, be sure to use the 1.3.1b2 version of SonicBirth. 2nd, that old version produces AU and VST that are only 32 bit compatible: you didn't specify the version of Garageband you're using, but, most likely, it's a 64 bit version.

You can test a 32 bit SonicBirth-made plug-in in either Plogue Bidule or Reaper, when they are operating in 32 bit.

By the way, there's a 64 bit version of SonicBirth coming along.
RAINE Music
KVRer

Postby RAINE Music; Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 am Re: How to use exported AU/VST?

Thanks very much, Kewi.

I'm using the 1.3.0 version. Where can I get 1.3.1b2 ? Although the version I have does provide the option of 32bit or 64bit. I'll take a look at the software you mentioned, I didn't fancy buying a Reaper licence just yet.

I read somewhere on here that people were calling for an updated SonicBirth version so I'm really glad to hear they succeeded. Will be happy to donate a little bit to help.

All the best!
RAINE
Kewl
KVRist

Postby Kewl; Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:40 am Re: How to use exported AU/VST?

The 32/62 bit switch is for internal processing only. The plug-in itself is 32 bit.
Version 1.3.1b2: http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

You can install Reaper and use it without paying: there's a 5-second window reminding you to buy a license, but, that's about it. It's guiltware, really...

Contact me in PM about the 64 bit version.
RAINE Music
KVRer

Postby RAINE Music; Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:38 am Re: How to use exported AU/VST?

Perfect, thanks for your help. I eventually managed to get it working with Plogue Bidule.

Any clues as to when the 64-bit version will be coming out? And will it be free...?

Cheers

RAINE
Kewl
KVRist

Postby Kewl; Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:37 am Re: How to use exported AU/VST?

I sent you a PM.

Moderators: dscro, makira

Return to SonicBirth