request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Xoxos, I realized there are no freeware plugins that can offer this:

A single plugin with built-in granulator, rhytmical delay, filter, chorus, flanger and perhaps a gater.

Could you do that? Even sell it for a reasonable price?
Listen to my music on:
http://soundcloud.com/mischjok

:)

I like this topic. Make your dreams come true. :lol:
yzcoruhT

Mine is simple.

A delay effect with a VST loader in the feedback loop.

All the different delays (sans multitap) are basically a variety of effects in the feedback loop, competing in this aspect. This simple delay would essentially be better than all of them, only limited by your imagination.

You could load up a reverb and each echo would be more reverberated. Or distorted, or run through a chorus one more time, or what have you.

plugin ideas:

extortion - like distortion except it makes you pay $2 every time you open the track.

audio protector - needs frequent updates so your song file doesn't have a nasty accident. you want your audio to be safe, don't you? note to self: shop this one with norton users..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

after some consideration, this could be worth the time to code. before someone else does.

Audio Protector™

Insert xoxos Audio Protector™ on vital instrument and recorded tracks. VST operates with little overhead! May help to prevent:

- sample rate drift
- bit swerving
- inverse stereo decoupling
- data buckling and hard drive decoupage

Ever had a song file crash? Simply remove Audio Protector™ and reinstall then try again! What could be a simpler way to keep your important audio tracks safe today than to buy now? Do you like the sound of footsteps on dead leaves?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Feels like I should move over to the slow lane here (as i've yet to get Hyperion working and can't begin to figure it out beyond manual)...I'm also interested in algo tools and often save by date (i.e today 020713.wav or ogg or whatever). So, vague concept suggestion would be alogrithmic synth based on astrology. I am not an astrologer, so how counter sequencer modulation etc values would be tied to the like of heavanly bodies, progressions, sextiles and 'The Signs' seems to be a sisyphean chore (and probably too time consuming-but not as much as DNA lattice suggested earlier), still it might be of interest to those charmed by the occult. It would make an interesting GUI for an algo-synth (as would a Ouija). Of course the Chinese have a different series of signs so there would also need to be an Asian ver for eastern diviners...
PS I believe the links provided for those having trouble setting up your midi synths (AudioMulch)are dead. I've had success with some other ones (arps) but for some reason continue to be jilted by Hyperion.
And by the way: Thank you for providing vsti like these--it really is appreciated!

The Chase wrote:Mine is simple.

A delay effect with a VST loader in the feedback loop.

All the different delays (sans multitap) are basically a variety of effects in the feedback loop, competing in this aspect. This simple delay would essentially be better than all of them, only limited by your imagination.

You could load up a reverb and each echo would be more reverberated. Or distorted, or run through a chorus one more time, or what have you.
That sounds pretty kickass.

I plus one this shit. :hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

xoxos wrote:plugin ideas:

extortion - like distortion except it makes you pay $2 every time you open the track.

audio protector - needs frequent updates so your song file doesn't have a nasty accident. you want your audio to be safe, don't you? note to self: shop this one with norton users..
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

mirageme wrote:So, vague concept suggestion would be alogrithmic synth based on astrology.
i believe h.g. fortune has a number of vst as such :)

hyperion et al. are prolly much easier to understand in use.. the trick is configuring your host to route midi from one instrument to another.. easy in eXT. i'm not particularly literate in hosts though. it seems to be common enough that you can probably find someone who does this for most of them though (cubase and ableton at least).

once you've got it installed, start the host playing and it ought to be more tangible :)

ty for the h/u on the links.

ChordPeasant

don't know what it does but i think it would get a lot of curiosity clicks.

Something like the old discontinued arc dev noise ET-301, but without bugs would be cool :D

As simple as possible plugin chainer for vsti and vst that can save and load presets,
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

How about the xoxos drum programmer?

The end-all 32bit Synthedit drum step pattern sequencer in the year 2014, the one to last for generations.

I think there's really a hole in the market of easy to handle step sequencers. You've already got a lot of the blocks for such such a thing, heck, you already got plenty of sequencers made. I don't want to buy FLStudio to get a decent step sequencer for drums.

I can't find one that would allow me to lay out the entire score inside it and play back from any song position. If you know Korg Electribe ESX, that kind of thing, basically a ordered list of patterns and their positions.

I want plenty of patterns, less than 4 * 16 won't do, each with a variable number of steps and atleast 'flam' as a alternative step type. You could throw in all the drum rudiments while you're at it, and if I dare on dreaming, I'd like atleast two extra rudiments titled after yourself. And while the beat is playing, I'd like to hit a note and make it play a variation, drum fill or something, and play it in right time.

You could do it and it would be nice to feed your synthesizers with such a thing.

Pretty please?

i verified this by checking your latest posts, and this one is it.

ras.s
KVRian
666 posts since 2 Dec, 2008, from Finland

afaik there's no way to return absolute song position to synthedit (maybe vst in general unless all the measures are the same time sig). it sounds like you want to try ableton live, since that does the part punch in/out stuff.

I chuckled at the post count myself, too.. I fluctuate around that number, because I'm active in the HPC, it's like growing long hair and trying to get pass that Beatles-phase.

I've got a light version of Live and I don't like it at all. And can't try Bitwig 'cause I'm still on darned Vista. FLStudio has a nice step sequencer workflow, so I might consider adding it to my arsenal at some point -- and I prefer plugins over Rewire anyway.

I usually work with one time signature and one tempo, so that wouldn't be a problem for me, but I understand it wouldn't work for others then. Though, couldn't time signatures be compensated for by the end-user knowing how many steps they need for that bar at that point in the track?

Ah, scrap return-to-song-position then.

But still it might be something right up your alley, especially with stuff like alternative step types -- no one offers a step sequencer with automagical rudiments (a single dragadiddle anyone?). Those are usually out of the question with sequencers with, say, 16 steps. And you do that probability/randomness stuff really well -- I'd like a bit more traditional workflow (whatever that means, illusion of control perhaps) to go along with that.

Return to “xoxos”