request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i was thinking about wind chimes yesterday aamof, speculating a 2-d model as a horizontal plane for "tubes arranged in a circle with beater and windvane in the middle". it would be trivial to model interactions as such. it would have to wait until i can do a "fun" project :) (knowing my priorities this may be sooner than it sounds)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

As I've become addicted to Time stretching, I request an XOXOS time stretch plugin. Given the abstract nature of many xoxos synths I believe you have the talent/ability to create an advanced time stretching plugin.

Did someone already do a synth/effect/sound gen based on a DNA sequence?

"A fruit fly conducts Prokofiev" :help:

abstractcats wrote:As I've become addicted to Time stretching, I request an XOXOS time stretch plugin. Given the abstract nature of many xoxos synths I believe you have the talent/ability to create an advanced time stretching plugin.
i've only set foot in fft and haven't managed to take it anywhere novel yet. it took a long time to get there. i'm good at unusual physical modeling and algorithmic sequencing because for the most part these use simple, widely annotated algorithms, or concepts i've developed myself, and have room to be expanded by my "parameterised" aesthetic.. my education went to trig/physics for architects :hihi: so calculus and anything based on calculus (eg. doing much useful with fft) is a challenge. windowing pitch shifters/time stretchers have a lot to be desired with most source material.. :)

dna.. :? hmm.. 'populus' is a very simple concept.. it doesn't require a lot of processing or data :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

:hyper: ooh ooh I just had a flash..

something I wanted to mention -- look at

http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix

Simple idea, but you play it more extemporaneously -- audio equivalent of dipping one's toe in the pond and watching the ripples...

A vst that one plays with a different interface, something more "abstract" and less demanding than a keyboard. For example, I have a Wacom pad that responds to direction, tilt, and pressure --- things that could generate the signals to the "tonematrix" or whatever...

:?:

gimme elder thing. gimme gimme gimme. :hyper:

What I want? This! Think about it. We have 128 MIDI notes divided in 10 octaves and 8 extra semitones. Wouldn't it be awesome to play a few notes and let biology take it's course?

This video shows how this could be used musically.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

did you miss etric's sem for this? :)

a wardrobe
"It dreamed itself along"

xoxos wrote:did you miss etric's sem for this? :)
http://evm.110mb.com/modules/lifeforcesequencer.htm

EVM :)

..as if by magic :D

With "surface" did you tried making shakers with the last X/Y on the right?

https://rapidshare.com/files/2164143338/shaker.fxp

I thought that X/Y alone could be much larger and the interface simpler in a variation of this VSTi but just to play shakers as if you were "shaking them with the mouse" instead of using a keyboard.

Along the same idea, I can imagine some cool series of drum VSTis where you could stroke the hits with your mouse using some sort of sensing system mapped to the mouse so you hit them at different volumes depending on how fast you move the mouse. The same system in surface could apply, just one big X/Y that you manipulate. (should be one stroke per mouse movement, not matter the direction)

Mat.

it's great to see/hear from you! :) salzburg?!

hmm.. i don't remember what it was, something i've made since surface had a 'xy pad velocity' sensing device.

i did a vst called 'stoq' for shakers and similar which could be improved. stoq randomly generates tiny bursts of noise and routes it through 5 bandpass filters in parallel, for emulating beans in a shaker. the shortcoming with it is that the 'beads' are mono, whereas it would be easy to code a routine that ran a specified number of beads at the same time.

it was inspired by perry cook's phisem synthesis technique, which is only slightly different. another issue with mine is that all the 'beads' have the same noise seed.. i think mixing seeded/recallable noise with continuous noise would be better.

and probably the mouse/pointer is fast enough to control shaker performance :)

reading perry cook's book recently one can use linear predictive coding to build a filter of a shaker shell - i'd need to switch to the vst sdk to declare latency for the fft process. 5 bands of noise isn't bad, but this method is better. perhaps we could work on it together, if you want to build the interface.

Spyro wrote:With "surface" did you tried making shakers with the last X/Y on the right?

Mat.
doesn't the last pad simulate a kind of 'rub' against the skin? i definitely remember assign midi controls to the x/y of the last pad and 'rubbing' it with my WiiMote, as it were..

Return to “xoxos”