request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks. so it is apparent that, compared to algo-popping the planet massively, other things take less precedence :hihi: :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I keep trying, and failing, to make an 'audio smoother' in bidule, so I guess it's a candidate for you rurik.

my initial concept was based around the idea of a single knob, where by 0 is no-change and 1 is a big blur of sound. i wanted to base it on convolution technology but it's not possible in bidule.. yet? convolving the signal with a gradually increase white noise impulse, which starts with a length of one sample (no change) was the plan..

next stop, delay lines. i imagine a panel with a knob; a knob which, at zero, does not affect the sound. once this knob is turned a little the transients begin to lose their clarity, in the same way that the increase of a room size of reverb might spread the sound out. in fact the effect i imagine is very similar to that, except that in my 'smoother' the room size goes to zero and the room size value doesn't click when you are dialing in a larger smear, so you can automate it.

is it a go-er? or am i out of my brilliant mind?

the delays should have the correct effect if you run them each in parallel.. i haven't mucked with convolution much at all.

eg. take 10 short delays.. 5-50ms??, each delay feeds back to itself only.

adjusting feedback should do it. more than 1/2 dozen delays and the comb frequencies shouldn't be too discrete.

perhaps you can improve it with some kind of ducking modulation??
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

How about a synth using 2 LFOs that could be FM or synched. Would make for complex modulations.

Would it be too crazy to suggest a randomizing compressor plug?
In other words a multi stage compressor with seed/random controls
that point to say two different compressors and a limiter time synced
to the host.

You can imagine the effect on an acoustic drum kit performance or
loop and vocals as well >>lightly comping>>exploding>>sqaushing etc.

Thoughts?
at least when potentiated inclusively in the medium of longer load times

well, i'm mr. no compression :)

things like that are good to have in the thread for other developers to check, tho my mode is to do the things i'm good at. i couldn't afford compressors when i made noisy music, and i hardly use them on daws. it would be a disservice to suggest that i have any appreciable insight into compressor design.

you might want to mention it to de la mancha as he's algorithmic and a dynamics afficionado :)

about lfos.. all my lfos can modulate the rate of lower lfos.. i usually keysync tho.

Hi, I am back with my request to have a Xoxos-esque FM/AM/PM drumsynth ;)
I like to make drum sounds using FM synths, and i wish i could find a 6-8 part multitimbral dedicated vsti for such a task.
I dig your FM/AM/PM synths, so if you're up to gather a bunch of xoxos unique features (and crazy modulations) in a drumsynth, i am sold !
cheers

sinkmusic: DKS Pro is a very nice PM-based drum synth. 8 parts. Not very complex, but extremely well designed and very usable. The upcoming version 2 is also said to have very many improvements/additions.

I too would more than welcome any new phase/frequency/amplitude modulation based drum synth that allows for some good, usable sounds and is designed well (not just some thrown stuff) with lots of features. Of course, making such a synth requires tons of work (DKS for example is not that complex, yet years of research preceded it).

ftr multitimbral drumsynth is probably the most frequent request. it's always you isn't it :D fwiw i've been feeling more that i could use one. i prefer my inspiration to coalesce, so things in their time. more sequencers are next :)

Shy wrote:sinkmusic: DKS Pro is a very nice PM-based drum synth.
Yep, indeed : i know it very well : i was part of the beta testing team, made several presets for it, and also made a demo track which is on their site.
But, you know.... "never enough" :D
I am pretty convinced that such a Xoxos drumsynth would be rather different, so it's worth asking ;)

it's always you isn't it Very Happy
argh ! you found it !
:D

now you're teasing :lol:

Hehe

I woudl also have another request : i like all your probability / step / algo sequencers, but i wish it could be possible, instead of specifying a root note for the sequence from the gui, that the root note coudl be provided by playing a midi keyboard or from a midi clip.
It would make it more user friendly in live situation : the root sequence could then automatically follow the note you're playing from your keyboard.
DOes it make sense ?

Hi, me again ;)
A new (?) request : a version 2 of the god old Gum plugin, with autosync (not having to manually set the tempo anymore)
:D

muchacho VST ;)

xoxos wrote:muchacho VST ;)
Ah ah, yo conozco este muchacho already ;)
But it takes longer to set up : the little clicks on Gum make it quicker to play with, while dragging the Muchacho faders allows for deep modifications but take quite a while (hell, am i so lazy these days ?)
Cheers

Return to “xoxos”