request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibrasil wrote:i don't get it either
that's a relief :hihi:

clueless wrote:glass armonica, please.

mentioned it before, but probably not in the right place.
actually i think xoxos could pull this off quite nicely :)

that's why i asked him. :)

might be a good idea for someone other than me to ask him

:hihi: / :(

Just an idea I came up with whilst twanging a knife on the kitchen worktop whilst waiting for something to cook.

It's kinda physically modelled and completely stupid but could possibly be quite cool.

I present for your consideration:

The Rule/Knife Organ.

You could incorporate different materials, different surface, velocity, rebound, damping, weight and lots of other things I haven't even thought of.

And in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFG9uR9Q_L4

Steve
其余的是噪音

Well I've been playing a lot with the Xoxos plugins lately, and it has struck me that even though they are absolutely great, the how-to-control-them aspect is less than ideal. It feels like playing them with a keyboard is somehow inappropriate. I mean, keyboard is a instrument in whitch pitch is given the highest priority, so it somehow doesn't suit essentially non-pitched instruments like, say, Fauna.

Thus I was thinking it would make a lot of sense to do a midi-plugin dedicated to controlling these instruments. For example a granular-note generator kind of thing. Populus is of course one possible solution, but I think there would be use for other event-generators (with more precise control over them, for example when the event-generation start and when it stops).

Also a granular instrument integrating some of the physical or vocal tract models would be quite yummy too...

i'm going to be working on my baby (bc2) for a while, there may be some derivatives (expect some free midi sequencers in a few days, very simple things, and an improved voice synth at some point).

glass armonica, probably not. i'm sure that from now until vst are obsolete will have other priorities. afa conrol signal generation, perhaps this link will help.

http://acousmodules.free.fr/acousmodules5_en.htm

friction hasn't generated much interest, so the 'non-instrument' model line probably won't fan out much as i don't have the freedom to develop for too long outside of public interest atm.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

finger snapping physical model

mac ports!

:D :oops:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

sonicase wrote:
clueless wrote:glass armonica, please.

mentioned it before, but probably not in the right place.
actually i think xoxos could pull this off quite nicely :)
+1

rurik,

How about a pitch bend effect, not a synth, that uses physical modeling to do a better job of bends like one gets from either hand or whammy-bar pitch bending on guitars.

Or PM of pitch bend of wind instruments.

One of the remaining unconquered areas of synthesis seems to be the modulation modeling aspect of 'real' sounding synthesizers. Guitar dive-bombs and subtle wrist-action pitch bending is still quite difficult with typical joystick/ribbon/mod-wheel controllers - partly because most of them are mapped too linearly compared to the non-linear force-input/pitch output relationship of the bent string.

If there was a better mapping of this, it would then be fun to apply it to non-string synthesis.

While I don't play any wind or brass instruments (other than a tin whistle now and then), I can imagine that modulation with those instruments is certainly not linear either.

Hopefully this request makes sense.

Also, some kind of module for sympathetic resonances depending on the PM of the resonator. Pianoverb is one such item but what about guitarverb, or xyloverb, etc.?

-Scott, lover of the sounds of nature.

cool! i think i know exactly what you mean. pitch does fluctuate beautifully with wind/brass instruments. :) i asked him for something like this a long long time ago and he suggested that i use wendigo, one of his commissioned plugs for sickle (now if you ask sickle i'm sure he'd be more than happy to give it to you). you can hook wendigo to the pitch bend and it will fluctuate as randomly as you want it to. i'm pretty sure that you can also hook it to parameters other than pitch . the results will be pretty good. try it on milestone by ziokiller. yummy!!! :) however, if you don't get your hands on wendigo but have fl studio, you can use the formula controller. but yeah results will only be pretty good and not perfect. i think the best way to handle is to hand draw the tiny little pitch fluctuations per note which is a pita. wendigo!!! get your hands on it. i had it at one point but now can't find it. :(
rockstar_not wrote:rurik,

How about a pitch bend effect, not a synth, that uses physical modeling to do a better job of bends like one gets from either hand or whammy-bar pitch bending on guitars.

Or PM of pitch bend of wind instruments.

One of the remaining unconquered areas of synthesis seems to be the modulation modeling aspect of 'real' sounding synthesizers. Guitar dive-bombs and subtle wrist-action pitch bending is still quite difficult with typical joystick/ribbon/mod-wheel controllers - partly because most of them are mapped too linearly compared to the non-linear force-input/pitch output relationship of the bent string.

If there was a better mapping of this, it would then be fun to apply it to non-string synthesis.

While I don't play any wind or brass instruments (other than a tin whistle now and then), I can imagine that modulation with those instruments is certainly not linear either.

Hopefully this request makes sense.

Also, some kind of module for sympathetic resonances depending on the PM of the resonator. Pianoverb is one such item but what about guitarverb, or xyloverb, etc.?

-Scott, lover of the sounds of nature.

i need to refine some points before i tackle strings or wind again. i'm not sure how close i am to where i want to be (mainly concerns accounting for pitch tracking allpasses) i've got a lot of algorithmic development before i focus on them.

If you find some way and time to make a good sounding mass spring bass drum, that would be awesome.

Return to “xoxos”