delays

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, i've had some development issues lately.

syng2 took 2 1/2 months to complete because of the extensive refinement required for the phonemes, and once the VST was together, there were so many cables due to the mass of gui controls that it took about 3 seconds between making a connection and the screen being updated, which means that you have to be very patient when making changes and corrections past that point (about 2 weeks of that experience).

i thought horizon would take 3 or 4 days for the oscillator and i'd whip the rest of it together.. i hit a 6 day bug (really, looking at 1/2 a dozen lines of code for 6 days makes you pretty batty) implementing shared resources in the sdk.

the file also has a bug in it, which means that any time i want to test something, i have to spend about 2 minutes wading through 3 crashes (it crashes 3 times then doesn't crash..??!)

which basically means that i've spent 3 months dealing with developmental quicksand.. having buggy, massive latency ridden development experiences doesn't bolster my vigor and vim.

atm i'm limited to depending on jeff and synthedit to fix the bug, or i can release a version without the shared lookup tables, which means when you load the VST, it will take about 2 minutes to write data before it opens.

as you can understand, these are serious issues that are not acceptable for a usable vst, and therefore, are serious delays.

anyway, since for almost 4 months now i've had minimal releases, i thought i'd better be explicit as to why. the good news is, one way or the other, no major projects from me for a while, only small ones.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

wow, xoxos, that sounds like a mega pain, no worries from us out here tho..
and thanks for all you've done already, mate!
peace
jimi
I wish my lawn was Emo, so it would cut itself...
My Music (updated link)
f**k CANCER

Sounds like a real pain in the ass, specially since from what i've read SE isnt being worked on full time. i hope you'll sort through this. I remember reading a thread by Ugo about him moving to Synthmaker. Is that an option for you?

thanks, my move is to the steinberg sdk, i don't have the time to implement the "upgrade" atm :)

some of the things i do (eg. sequencer and polyphony) are really hairy to implement in a structure not designed for it (eg. having to defeat parts that are working against you as se tries to make my mono stuff poly and my poly stuff mono).

se works very well for most things. in my experience, the multicore bug has been overblown.

i explored a bit, and it looks like my file is a "bug" and not a wall, so it might take another 6 days of retroactive work (aargh :) ) but this thing is going to work..

i can tell that two or three years of entrepeneurship is going to require some extreme therapy at some point in time.

private ownership of land is real stupid, people.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

anyway, i'm not having difficulties pulling my thumb out or being too high. here's some of what i have to rebuild.

at least it won't crash three times each time. anomalous file 'history' bug, nothing to do with the architecture.

Hi Xoxos,
do you know you can greatly accelerate the "hairy" display
by removing "undo" and "high quality graphic" into preference menu?
I've a 5.5 mb se1 project managed like this. but take care,
you must manage the backup yourself :) (undo removed)
Last edited by novaflash on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy shit! :o You know you're a genius when you can understand what the hell is going-on on the screen

cheers, i'd forgot about the hi quality graphic option when i switched systems.

i'm used to the screening process. "i still can't identify this specimen." well no doubt :)

ataxonomically,

xoxos wrote:Image
Life is too short for this shit. I envy you! :lol: - Orbit-50

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote: .-.
cute :)

xoxos wrote:Image

anyway, i'm not having difficulties pulling my thumb out or being too high. here's some of what i have to rebuild.

at least it won't crash three times each time. anomalous file 'history' bug, nothing to do with the architecture.

:-o

:drunk: Lookin' at that makes my head hurt. :drunk:

Yikes. :shock:
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Return to “xoxos”