Boing sounds

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is the Mass/Spring plugin able to generate the sounds of a stretched spring (boooing)? didn't find any spring presets. would really like to create sounds of this type. would be nice for industrial and spacey sounds.

I've been experimenting a lot with Mass lately and boings are in there for sure. Messing around with the K/DISP/TRANS and release times and you're boingin' :!:
would be nice for industrial and spacey sounds.
Lots of "spacey", more than I was expecting. Industrial? It's capable of so many sounds. Benign tom toms with real acoustic resonance, big kicks and sonic terror. Check it out.
at least when potentiated inclusively in the medium of longer load times

it's not set up for the kind of ruler-on-table-edge twang that rises in pitch. this system should generally have pitch drops.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Love those ruler-on-table edge sounds. These type of sounds tend to resonate with me. Maybe a module of this type would be popular. It might become known as a "Xoxos plucked spring generator".

PH4SER wrote:I've been experimenting a lot with Mass lately and boings are in there for sure. Messing around with the K/DISP/TRANS and release times and you're boingin' :!:
would be nice for industrial and spacey sounds.
Lots of "spacey", more than I was expecting. Industrial? It's capable of so many sounds. Benign tom toms with real acoustic resonance, big kicks and sonic terror. Check it out.
Thanks for the tips. :)
I need to do some more experimenting.

a modular synth would probably be appropriate.. you could try inverting an exponential envelope for pitch, and also route it to the rate of an lfo which is modulating amplitude??

these multi-order springs would have a more accurate parallel in an elastic material, whereas a ruler or percussive spring (kmfdm used these in shows) would be colliding, which produces the sound you want.. perhaps an imitation could be produced using the boundary conditions??
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

you could try inverting an exponential envelope for pitch, and also route it to the rate of an lfo which is modulating amplitude??
That is the way into the thought for sure. :)

The best gear changes your mind as you take the time to look for what you think you want.

Within the confines of Mass a certain sonic character is achieved through just the slightest experimenting. What you can't get through programming I find is easily found through automation.
at least when potentiated inclusively in the medium of longer load times

:D i'm glad you like that one :) i was pretty jazzed about perc synthesis without a pitch env.

Return to “xoxos”