Circuit in Live instrument rack

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Live 7.0.15 and 8.0.2 I can create an Instrument rack containing a Circuit, and I can map macros to automate some Circuit parameters. But when I save the rack, every time I will insert it in a track I always get the error "some parameters could not be loaded", and then the parameter mapping is all messed up: what was mapped to the Seed is now mapped to Vel Var a. for instance.

There are some other weird things going on with the Circuit parameters, since in Live 7 a lot of them are named Knob (Steps for instance), and in Live 8 with the Configure button I usually get the parameter with the right name (e.g. Steps) but in some cases I also get one or more Knob (but I don't know how to reproduce this, while the error above is easily reproduced).

I don't seem to have this problem with other plugins. Any idea what causes this problem ?

i very occasionally get this kind of error using synthedit and eXT as hosts with my se plugins that have a lot of parameters. if i load the file twice everything's usually fine. i've heard about plugins having problems when they have ~600 parameters, which is why i don't use lots of displays (the readouts are gui elements). i'm not sure what causes this occasional glitch.

circuit has several gui elements that show up in the parameter list as well. i wasn't aware of this at the time, but removing them will probably cause similar coefficient misassignments in most hosts. you probably have a list of params called 'kdl volts' and 'knob' and stuff like that.. i can compile with these nonsense tags removed which may improve future use.

and of course a vst wrapper may change the environment sufficiently to load patches correctly.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I tried using XT2 as a wrapper but then I loose the "configure" ability in Live 8 so I can't automate the parameters.

I also see the Knob appear on some parameters when I automate in XT2.

they should still list as a param in eXT in the present build.

i don't know about ext2, in ext1, click 'file' in the top left to assign cc controllers to parameters.

did you want an 'updated' version (old patch use = no, less future problems = yes) ?

edit - just out of bed. i'll send you a 'fixed' version and you can change the .dll name, run it alongside the old version.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:they should still list as a param in eXT in the present build.

i don't know about ext2, in ext1, click 'file' in the top left to assign cc controllers to parameters.

did you want an 'updated' version (old patch use = no, less future problems = yes) ?

edit - just out of bed. i'll send you a 'fixed' version and you can change the .dll name, run it alongside the old version.
Yes all the parameters are in the list, but there are a bunch of Knob parameters in the middle of the list. In XT2 when I use the automatic midi mapping, I sometimes get both the parameter and a Knob when I move one control. Just like in Live.

I'll try the fixed version. Thanks.

I sometimes get the first error when I've got multiple versions of the same plugins, especially if some are betas.

I usually find it's because the host is loading in an earlier version of the plug with less/different parameters. Might be worth checking and renaming one of the plugs - if you've got more than one version floating around...
其余的是噪音

there is a part of circuit -

a part i didn't build

a part i don't seem to have any more (a part that has 20 to 30 versions and updates, at least a dozen of the most likely of which i have verified as not being it)

a part i can't substitute

it's a very bad part in terms of anguish applied over time in my experience.

it's quite possible that i deleted it around october. enthusiastically.

stupid part.

(i expect i have spent a good 30 hours since circuit's release absorbed in a personal and intimate celebration of it's virtues).

Circuit is brilliant and I just can't stop playing with it.

If you don't find that part, does that mean that there will be no evolution on Circuit since you can't build it anymore ? Or just that it will take more time ?

thanks for saying so.. though in honesty it's a sore spot.

you'll notice the randomisation function produces purely random sequences instead of slight timing variation to the pattern.

it used to work in the latter fashion, then something in the final build added a wake-sleep bug. i released it confident that everything worked correctly. i spent a few frustrating days on it a few frustrating times.

the most effective way to randomise circuit is to move the offset forward and add an instance of strumee.

out of consideration i will provide in depth explanation in private (and screenshots of all the versions of the module i have archived so you don't think i make it up.. different wake-sleep rules work better for various situations, and developers aren't always aware of how their resources will be used).

i realised that circuit would benefit most from a complete rebuild, and that such a thing would not be a prudent investment of energy until i have a significant conception for improvement.

tbh i'd much rather work on generative algorithms in an automatic context so that i can focus on making good sequencing algorithms instead of worrying about how people are going to control them.

so everybody pay me money so i can do something you can't use.

Return to “xoxos”